Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Strength in Numbers

I was hesitant on whether to blog this or not, but as I stated in my title, there is strength in numbers. So to those of you who have not heard, my brother Travis has been diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer. And the only reason I'm posting this is because I'm asking everyone to pray for him. Today he is having a CT scan to try and figure out what stage of cancer he is in. Then depending on that, they'll just go from there to treat it.
This has been such a hard thing for me to accept. It's just not right. How can one of the best people I know end up with something as terrible as this. Honestly, Travis is such a good person. He's so easy going, he's loving, and you feel good just to be around him. All growing up he has been the one by my side helping me and teaching me all about life. He taught me how to ride a bike. He drew me a map of my jr. high so I wouldn't get lost on my first day of school. He taught me how to do a back handspring. He instructed me on what the best thing to get for lunch in jr. high was. (milk shake and fries) He taught me how to be daring on the trampoline. He's taught me about unconditional love for everyone I come in contact with. He assisted in two of my many broken bones. And the list goes on and on. I love Travis so much and I just pray that everything will be okay for him and his family. So if everyone would just remember him in your prayers we would appreciate it very much.

10 comments:

Tiffany & Co. said...

I hope everything goes okay today. Keep us up to date with his prognosis. It's just so sad! Your family has had enough heartache and he seems like such a good guy. You guys look so much alike. Prayers and good wishes coming your way.

laceemo3 said...

Oh my gosh I am soooo sad!!! I love Travis he is such a great person! He is always smiling and so friendly to everyone!!! You let him know Craig and I will be Praying for him!

jaclyn said...

if you need anything besides my prayers let me know... oh and by the way happy birthday girl! hopefully it can be sort of a good one considering the circumstances! love ya

Monica said...

Reading about your big brother makes me want to get to know him better. I will definitely keep him in my prayers.

And also, Happy Birthday!

Amy said...

I am so sorry Aleesha! This has got to be tough to go through. We will pray for your brother.

Nicole said...

I'm really sorry sweetie. You have been through too much lately. We should go out to dinner soon to take your mind off things. Maybe even go see a movie.

Jenny Kapp said...

You know he will be in our prayers. If you know of anything Mandy needs, let me know! There is amazing power in prayer. Sometimes you just need to know that there is an amazing force behind you praying for you and your loved ones.

Melissa Cheney said...

Aleesha--

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother; wayyy too young to be dealing with cancer! I'll keep him in my prayers and hope that it's not very advanced.

Jenny led me to the neighborhood blogs--hope it's alright if I stop by and say hi now and then!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Leesh- that meant a lot to T.

stephk said...

Hi Aleesha! It's me, Stephanie (Bodily) Mitchell. You are probably wondering how on earth I came across your blog. Well...we live in a small world! I received an email from a high school friend, Stacie Keime and checked out her and Chris' blog (who is also a good friend from high school). So then I noticed his sisters blogs and I had remembered meeting them a couple of times and decided to check out their sights. When I clicked on Mandy's I couldn't believe my eyes when I noticed that she had married Travis! I don't know if Travis ever told you Hi from me a while back, but I ran into him at Northridge -where I am the cheer coach. Anyway, I saw your name and was so excited! I am however, very sorry to hear about Travis' cancer. I will definitely keep him and your family in our prayers. I'd love to catch up sometime, when you have a free minute. Email is so wonderful for that! Take care!