Wednesday, February 20, 2008

10 years ago

So Stacy asked the question, what were we doing ten years ago? I love this question. It just so happens that this was my best year ever! I turned 19 on the 19th. Supposedly, when your age and your date of birth are the same, that's suppose to be your best year. It definitely was true for me. At the beginning of the year I sent off my missionary. (No it wasn't Matt) This was a refreshing time for me. I no longer had any strings attached to anyone, and was able to enjoy college life at Weber State. And boy did I. I dated anyone and everyone. Ask Matt. I still get teased to this day about some of the guys I went out with. But hey, I was living it up. I also got really involved at the institute. That gave me so many opportunities to better myself. During that summer, I once and for all got rid of the thorn in my side. That would be an old boyfriend who's name will remain a secret. This boy had screwed my life up in way too many ways, and I finally had the guts to tell him to get lost. He was on his mission (and no it's not the missionary I mentioned before), so I didn't have to deal with him coming back to haunt me like he did so many other times. In the ladder part of the year I met my sweetheart, Matt. He was such a breath of fresh air for me. He was so genuine and hilarious. He wasn't like anyone I had ever met. Those who know him probably agree with that last statement. So we started dating, fell in love, and the following year got married. So there you have it. That's what I was doing 10 years ago. My how times have changed! Here are a few highlights of that year...
I'm showing my three stitches that I had to get after trying to see if I could jump from our chair to the t.v. in one jump. Unfortunately my jump was a little too high instead of long, and my hand made contact with our ceiling light and I shattered it. My brothers found it hilarious. I found it very traumatic.


This is me and two friends that were on the Gospel in Action institute committee. We put Christmas tree lights on the trees at the Ogden Temple. That was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Every little twig coming out of the tree had to be covered in lights.



This is me and Matt going to our very first costume party. He was Silky the Pimp, and I was his woman. We weren't dating yet. We were only in the "hanging out" stage. But after he showed up at my house all dressed up, I knew I had to have him!



This is me and my friends competing in the Miss Universe Pageant. This is something we did a little too often for how old we were. Unfortunately I was only 1st runner up. The girl on the end with the funny hat (Jamie) was the winner.



So this is me having a ______ burning party. (Like I said, I'd rather leave his name out of this). Man that felt good.

6 comments:

The Close's Place said...

What a year full of fun memories, I love that you remember it so vividly.

Amy said...

So cute- I love all the photos. It is fun to see them.

Jenny Kapp said...

You looked so pretty and so HAPPY! You can see in your eyes that you were really enjoying that time. I think we were having the same fun that year. It was a fun year full of dating and falling in love. That makes it the best!!!

Nicole said...

Now that I think about it 19 was a good year for me too and thats the same day as my birthday so maybe its true. I got married to Ben that year and my mom got her second liver transplant which isn't a good thing. The good thing is that this liver took and she was able to get well enough in time for my wedding. Seeing her get better each day throughout the year and seeing her become my mom again is what made it wonderful and not having to wonder if I was going to lose her or not. I love the Miss Universe picture. I didn't know you were good friends with Tricia. She was in my ward all growing up. I think my brother might have even taken her out a couple of times.

Monica said...

I love all the old pictures! Next time I see you, remind me to ask you about the Miss Universe picture...What's that all about? Looked like fun. And thank goodness you found my obnoxious brother so charming...He's so lucky to have found you.

Tiffany & Co. said...

Those are some pretty sweet pics. Gotta love the stitches one the best, though. The things our brothers talk us into...