With it being Valentines Day tomorrow, I thought I would post one of the things that I love in this life. That just happens to be my slipper collection. I love my slippers! Each pair have been lovingly given to me by someone that I love.
Pair #1 (top left) were my Great Grandma Olive's slippers. They were passed down to me when I was a teenager. They're probably my most favorite of them all. However, they're getting a hole in the toe and I'm very upset about this. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix that?
Pair #2 came from my sweety, Matt. He gave them to me for Christmas when we were dating. And yes, they're Babe slippers. As in Babe the pig from the movie. My nickname was Babe. But it's not why you would think. Here's the story.... When we were just barely beginning to date, I really wanted to call & talk to him. But as you all know, I have a little phobia of the phone. So I made my mom call and ask for him pretending to be me. Well, my ridiculous mom, not really thinking, decided that she needed to change her voice when she asked for him. When she did this her voice ended up sounding like the voice of Babe the Pig. So from then on out, my nickname was Babe.
Pair #3 came from my sister-in-laws (Matt's sisters). They gave them to me for Christmas when I'd only been in the family for a short while. If you didn't notice, they're Steve Madden slippers. Well, believe it or not, but this was my very first pair of name brand shoes. (I guess you could call them shoes). I'm not a name brand kind of a person with anything. So I felt very special getting these slippers.
Pair #4 & #5 came from my best friend Shaury. We've been friends since birth. Well, at least my birth. She was born 5 days before me. Tomorrow is her birthday. Happy Birthday Shaury! I probably wear pair #4 the most out of all my slippers. They're so comfy and they're so easy to slip into.
Pair #6 came from my other friend Jamie just barely this Christmas. When I got them, I just thought they were so cute, so I went out and bought them for all my other friends to give to them for Christmas. So now we're all twinners. Different colors of course.
Well, there you have it. My beloved slipper collection.
Fourth of July fun.
12 years ago
8 comments:
So cute. It's funny, but I noticed that not too long after I met you, you always had cute slippers!
Yummy and comfy! Slippers just make you feel warm and cosy! Plus your feet stay warm!
i love wear the purple ones you gave me so much that the button fell off!
Thats a fun post, you have a lot of slippers. Jason would have a DI hayday on me if I tried for that many pairs :)
That's an awesome slipper collection, Leesh. I didn't know you had so many. I've never owned a pair of slippers but reading this post is making me want to go out and get a pair. And also, I love that your great grandma's name is Olive. That name is so cool.
I didn't see the slippers you got from our little "white elephant" game a few years ago???
Those are packed away in the Christmas box.
Funny about the slippers...
I used to have a pair of the Babe slippers, but I lost them. I've been looking for another pair for years. Wish me luck in my search.
Jamie
Post a Comment