
I've decided to do a weekly post on what I learned in yoga class. This class has been so good for me. Not only good physically but also mentally. I always walk away from yoga feeling invigorated and full of hope. Funny I feel that way because my teacher's name is Hope (isn't that a good yoga instructor name). She always has an intention for our class and then a quote to go along with it. I always love what she has to say and I want to share it with everyone. As a side note, I'll also post a picture of the pose that we worked on that day. I'm not saying that I can do it by any means, but this is the pose we "worked" on.
So yesterday Hope's intention for us was to concentrate on obstructions. We all have obstructions in our lives. Some small (a messy house, a busy schedule, a bad hair day, a scary yoga pose, etc) and some are big (financial problems, marital issues, illnesses, etc.). Now a lot of times we come to an obstruction and we choose to turn the other way. We don't want to deal with it so we ignore it and pretend it's not there. But sadly that's not going to help. And the only way to get rid of these obstructions is to face them head on. If we have a messy house that's stressing us out, find a solution to clean it. Don't give excuses and don't dance around the mess and let it create more chaos in your life. Do something about it! Only then can we have peace of mind. So this week I'm going to concentrate on just that. I'm going to deal with my stresses. I'm going to find solutions and make it so they're not obstructions anymore. And there you have it... Words of Wisdom by Hope the Yoga Instructor.
Fourth of July fun.
12 years ago
6 comments:
I thought you were just doing yoga, but that sounds like a therapy section. What a great thought, & I know how you like a good challenge. I can't imagine you having any stresses though. Aren't you perfect?
What a wonderful thought! I hope to start coming to yoga/therapy each week! I sure need those insights! If you run out of stresses, I'll share so you don't get bogged down because you don't have enough!
I feel calm and peaceful just reading this post! Wow! I've been wanting to start a yoga regime...this post gets me excited to try.
in case you were wondering...I just tried this move. Once I got into position....I couldn't get up.
Jeni that cracks me up. The trick to this pose is doing it without straining your back. There is major booty & hip technique in this pose. Way to give it a try!! You should come to my yoga classes. You'd love it!
Hey girl, just have to share with you my silly thought when my eyes 1st read the "BUMP it" title post, my inital thought was Baby BUMP??? Then I scrolled down and saw the picture. It made me laugh.
Post a Comment