Monday, September 14, 2009

What I Learned in Yoga Today...

I came semi close to this pose. Just add a wall for my feet to rest against and this picture could totally be me. :)

So today Hope didn't have an intention for us. She wanted us to come up with our own intention. She wanted us to ask ourselves a question of something that's been bothering us or on our mind. And then through the course of the class we were suppose to narrow down what the answer is. So my question to myself was, why do I feel so scatter brained lately? I just don't feel on top of things. My mind is going in a hundred different directions and in return I'm not giving my all to the important things. So during yoga we were doing some poses where we would be on our knees and then hunch our backs and curl up. Then we would do just the opposite and open our arms behind us and let our hearts open up to the sky. Hope told us to concentrate on how each pose felt in our hearts. It was then that I got my answer to my question. There are things in my life that constricts my heart (the hunched pose) and there are things in my life that makes my heart feel open and alive (the heart to the sky pose). Usually I'm a good judge of what I can handle and what I can't. But every so often it's time to re-evaluate things. De-cluttering is what I called it in an earlier post. So let's see what can I do to stop my heart from constricting?.... I'm telling this lady that's been bugging me about playing a piano solo in her ward that I just don't do that kind of thing. That has caused major stress. I'm going to wake up earlier so I can get some things done. The morning is such a peaceful time and I can probably accomplish a lot more than when the kids are awake and bugging me. And lastly, I'm going to get my insomnia under control. Whether I go see the doctor, take sleeping pills, try meditation, whatever, I just need to figure it out. There's no way I'm waking up early if I didn't get to bed until 3 am. I hate the feeling at night when my body is exhausted but my mind won't shut off. Plus it's no fun the next day. So there you have it. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Shaury said...

Good luck! I love so much how you're never just stagnant. You're always trying to improve yourself. It's one of my favorite traits that you have. And I was just thinking about your decluttering post the other day, & trying to apply it to me. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jenny Kapp said...

Great learning! I think I actually saw you in that pose! It really made it feel simple while breathing deeply to come up with the answers needed! Very good lesson!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...what would you think about taking a self-hypnosis class? It might sound weird, but you're kinda weird and so I'll invite you you to go with T and I. We're weird, too. :) It's a two class session at Clearfield High. First session is Sept. 24. Call me! It's supposed to help with insomnia and stress!

Anonymous said...

p.s. who took your family pictures??

Aleesha said...

I'd definitely be interested in going to those classes. Thanks for the invite. And Angie B./McCreaken took my pictures. Isn't she good?!

Kim said...

Seems we have the same problem as I post a comment at 1:30 in the morning! When you find something that works do please share! That top pose is soooo good for circulation for the skin on your face. Really helps clear up acne. A fun and probably completely boring piece of info...LOL! I am tired...

Aleesha said...

Good to know Kim. I'll have to invert my body more often.

I'll definitely let you know when I find a cure for the insomnia.

shauni said...

Aleesha, I'm so glad you found our blog (and commented!) it is always nice to know that someone is actually looking at the thing. This post and the relaxing music makes me want to try yoga, I could definitely use some destressing! Your family is beautiful, I love the family pics.