Friday, September 11, 2009

Where Were You?

Can anyone else hardly believe it's been 8 years since the terrorist attacks on our country? This is one of those events that most people will remember what they were doing when they heard the news. Isaac was only 4 weeks old and we lived in some apartments in So. Ogden. Our morning routine consisted of waking up, eating, and then laying on our Luv Sac to watch the Price is Right. So Isaac and I were nestled in the Luv Sac when we turned on the t.v. to hear the horrific news of what happened. I remember feeling so sick and so terrified. There was no way that I was leaving the house that day, out of fear and out of being glued to the t.v. set. How about you? Where were you and what were you doing when you heard the news?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...Gavin was 3, Cooper was 1, and I was babysitting Emma, who was 2 at the time. Angie called me from work to ask if I had been watching TV or listening to the radio, to which I replied "no", of course (I was chasing 3 toddlers around). Anywhooo...I also was glued to the TV from that point on. Also terrified. That event seemed to drag out and magnify any fear I'd ever had to that point. That day was also the day I decided that if my kids wanted me to lay by them at night every night in order for them to go to sleep (we were having major issues with Cooper), that I would do. And I did. Life is too short and precious! 8 years...wow.

Shaury said...

We were living in Washington Terrace in a basement apartment. I was getting ready for work which I usually did while watching Regis & Kelly. So when I went to turn on the TV I saw it all unfolding. I remember calling David at work & he too was in shock. As I drove to work everything seemed silent & I wondered why I was going to work at all. 9/11 gave me the strongest desire to be close to those I love (like Mandy said) & the memory of that day still gives me those feelings.

Kim said...

I sat and hugged Kailey (nine months then) and cried with Ryan while we watched the world mourn together. What an incredible day and look at how things have changed since. It makes you really look at each day as a blessing because you never really know what can happen. Say I love you and thanks whenever you can. Thanks for the reminder!