Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bump It

First things first. There was a tie on the style challenge poll, so I'm making an executive decision and am going to do the shoe challenge. I have a ton of flip flops, so I think it best to do this challenge now while it's still flip flop weather. Plus I think it'll be better to do the 3 different looks challenge when it's more fallish weather. There's a lot more options with layering and such. So who's gonna do the shoe challenge with me? This is an easy one. Just wear a different pair of shoes a day until you run out. No repeating shoes! And maybe when we're all done we can get together and swap shoes with the ones we don't really like or want anymore. Let me know if you're in this one with me. And now on with business.
I'm not really sure this is something I should be confessing to everyone, but oh well, here it goes.......... I bought a Bumpits. You know those things you see on infomercials that you put in your hair to give it a little bump. I am such a sucker for infomercials and I totally bought into this one. I'm not really a big hair kind of gal, but every once in a while there's a hairdo that calls for some volume, so I thought this would be fun to give a try. I found some on E-bay for only 5 bucks and free shipping, so I thought there's not much to lose. Well, surprise, surprise I really really like these things. For once I'm happy with my infomercial purchase! In the pictures below you'll see me using the regular sized Bumpits. I tried the "Hollywood" Bumpit, and it was a bit much for me. But the regular ones are so much fun. I have really thick hair, so when I try to give it some volume it falls flat within the hour. This has totally eliminated that. Ya'll should give them a try. And for those of you that laughed at me for even thinking about buying one, look who's laughing now! (I have no idea if I even used that saying in the right context, but you know what I mean.)


5 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah, I'm in girl! Love shoes and any excuse to wear each and every one! And the bumpits...hmmm. I have super thick hair too, willing to try it - you're hair was super cute Sunday. Thanks for the fun! My hubby thanks you too. :)

Tiffany & Co. said...

Very, Very Cute! I've laughed at the infomercial but maybe I should get one too. I have the thick won't do anything type of hair. Thanks for sharing!

Casey said...

I have been so tempted to try those bumpits. I am glad to hear they are worth it. They actually sell them at Target now.
By the way I loved all your different styles. I should have you teach me how to do some, I am horrible at different styles with my hair.

Shaury said...

Good to know. I haven't seen the infomercial, but I did see an ad in the newspaper for those. I'm still concerned about having a major mishap with one. You'll have to give me your consumer report after you've used these "bumpits" for awhile. Your hair does look lovely though.

eliza said...

Oh cool! I get so sick of my thick, heavy hair being flat on top, but I refuse to rat it and use hair spray. I'm totally going to buy these! Thanks for the info!