
Yoga kicked my booty today (and arms and legs and abs). The first thing Hope said to us was, "You don't think this class is too easy do you?" Right then I knew we were in for it. We started off by doing 27 Sun Salutations (see the picture above) and then the whole class after that was about holding our poses. The reason for this was because the intention today was "Clarity." We all want clarity in our lives right, yet we all have obstacles getting in the way of that. Well, clarity and obstacles go hand in hand. First we need clarity in our lives so we can clearly see our obstacles. Then when we can see more easily what our challenges are we can then use our strength to conquer them and then achieve a true clarity. Our lives are busy busy busy, and we don't ever take the time to create that clarity within us. (Hence the holding the poses rather than flowing through them.) This really helps with my before mentioned problem of a scattered brain. First I need clarity to really see what the root of my problems are so I can then figure out how to take care of them. My solution to this is to create clarity by having a time of meditation and quietness in the morning. I already said I was going to wake up early. Now during those hours I'm going to have personal prayer time and meditation time. Then when my brain is nice and clear I can better be able to attack my problems of the day. It all sounds good on paper. Now let's see if it'll work.
Now on to more important things....the results of the Pee Wee quiz. And the winner is............ Shaury! Hooray Shaury. Your answers cracked me up by the way. And I know you're all dying to know what the answers are. Once you see what they are you're gonna kick yourself for not remembering. So without further ado...
#1- What kind of slippers does Pee Wee wear? Bunny
#2- What kind of cereal does Pee Wee pour all over his breakfast? Mr. T
#3- Who stole Pee Wee's bike? Francis
#4- Name one of the 3 things that Pee Wee buys in the magic shop. trick gum, a spin bow tie, and headlight glasses
#5- What is the name of the truck driver that picks up Pee Wee? Large Marge
#6- What does Pee Wee dress up as to get his bike back at the end of the movie? a nun
#7- What does the escaped convict Micky say he went to jail for? Cutting off the "Do Not Remove" label on a mattress.
#8- Where does the fortune teller tell Pee Wee his bike is? The Alamo
Fill in the blank for the rest of the questions....
#9- "I know you are but
what am I."
#10- "That's my name
don't wear it out. "
#11- "I don't make monkeys,
I just train them."
#12- "The stars at night are big and bright, (clap, clap, clap, clap)
Deep in the Heart of Texas."
#13- "Why don't you take a picture
it'll last longer."
#14- "Everyone I know has a
big butt, let's talk about your
big butt."
#15- "You don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a
loner, a
rebel."
5 comments:
I totally should have entered the answers. I didn't know them, but Chris knew a lot! As for Clarity...that has had me thinking. I do find myself focusing on all the little things in life so that I don't have to see the biggies and resolve them. It is a hard practice! Also, my booty is mighty sore today!
I have mixed reviews/emotions on this post at 1st my thoughts were all tranquil, thinking I love Aleesha's free theraphy sessions. I was agreeing with achieved clarity of waking up early and having my personal/spiritual time then BOOM visions of PeeWee Herman were dancing in my head. Talk about a paradigm shift. Those quotes are classics and made me laugh.
Forget clarity, I won! yippy! I want to accept my jam with great pride & a loud YAHOO.
Man, I need to get me some Yoga...and maybe a little Pee Wee! Ha!
I need to try out Yoga too. I've been wanting to try it out for a long time now. I even bought some Yoga pants several months ago in an attempt to get me motivated to start it. I think I'll set a goal to try a class before Halloween.
Post a Comment