Monday, April 5, 2010

March Birthdays

March is always a busy month with birthdays at the Merrill house. To start it off Matt's sister Monica had her birthday. We took her out to Happy Sumo and had some sushi. That's a really good place for sushi!
Next it was Matt's dad's 60th birthday. As a surprise, all of Matt's family flew in from their various parts of the U.S. (minus bro-in-law Jason). Starting on the far left, Monica, Melanie (from Missouri), Matt, Phil, Ruth, Melinda (from Texas), and Maria (from New York).
All the cousins. Maya, Isaiah, Merrill, Rocky and Isaac. I wonder where Luke was during this picture?
Isn't baby Merrill adorable? Those cheeks are hilarious. I love 'em!

Rocky and Isaiah are only 3 months apart. They seemed to hit it off pretty well. It was funny to watch them baby talk to each other and then laugh hysterically like they actually said something funny.


A party wouldn't be a party unless I busted out Just Dance. I love that game!! You name the time and place and I'll be there with my Just Dance game.

On Phil's birthday we all went to Boondocks for a fun filled day of go carts, mini golf, laser tag, and arcade games. Afterwords, we went back to the house and had fried chicken and cake and ice cream.

Phil got golf clubs for his birthday and I have never seen someone so happy/in shock over a present in my life. He just kept mentioning over and over that he couldn't believe it.

Next we have Matt's birthday. He turned 33 so the boys and I got him 33 presents.
That night we went to eat with his sisters at the Sonora Grill. After that we went back to the Merrill house to have birthday pie.

It was a lot of fun to have everyone here. I miss them and am so grateful when we're able to all get together at the same time. Only two short months until we get to see each other again!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Love these pics! I am so glad I was able to make it to Utah for the week - I loved seeing everyone.

Moline Family said...

Sounds like a fun month. Aleesha we love Just Dance too, so lets get together and play. I'll try to give you some competition. I am pretty good, but getting larger and larger by the day, so we will see.

Monica said...

Great Easter pictures! And I laughed at the part where you talk about Dad being super surprised over the golf clubs 'cause you're sooo right...I've never seen him so excited and shocked over something in my life! Ha!