
Today's intention in yoga couldn't have been more perfect. As we were sitting with our eyes closed at the beginning of class, Hope told us that today was going to be a meditative day. She wanted us to transfer our energies to those around us. We were suppose to send thoughts of love and kindness to everyone else in the class and then sit back and receive the kindness that was sent to you. She said as we go through each pose, we need to remember to do this and then see if we can see a difference in our yoga experience. I was pleasantly surprised that even though we were doing some really tough things, I felt okay about it because I had the love and support of my fellow yogi's. The poses were still hard, but the kindness that was filling the room replaced any negativity that usually accompanied those difficult things.
The whole time in class I couldn't help but think of all the kindness that is surrounding me right now. Just like in yoga, it truly can be a remarkable experience if you just sit back and accept the love and kindness being sent your way. As I was thinking about all the kindness being sent my way and being sent to those around me, I gotta admit that I got a bit emotional. Here's where my thoughts went...
I live in the absolute best community where I have seen time and time again people rally together in support of someone else. People that I don't even know have come up to me and have given me a hug expressing their love towards my family. When Karen Peek passed away I went to their house that day, and I was in awe over how many people were there to express their love and sympathies for them. In the past I have seen fundraisers for different people in the community and am in shock at how many people come and support. Someone just last night, told me she was going to donate two of her paychecks to help someone out (and she doesn't even know them on a personal level!) Seriously, I live in an amazing community!!!
I belong to an amazing ward. I have seen kindness from so many people. I am so grateful every time someone comes up to me at church or at activities and puts their arm around me. The love and sympathy is so gratefully appreciated. I have a wonderful bishop who has given me the perfect words of hope and comfort. I have home teachers who were in tune with the spirit and stopped by unexpectedly to bring my kids toys from their recent trip to Disneyland. The day they stopped by was the day that I found out about T. Their little toy brightened the day of my kids, whose mom wasn't in the best of spirits at the time. Out of the blue, a fellow ward member brought to church and gave me earrings that she bought on a trip and reminded her of me. She was clear on the other side of the bench and passed them along the row. It brought a smile to my face. Not only was she kind enough to get them for me, but she was also thinking of me on her trip. :)
I have the best friends a girl could ask for. One friend brought me dinner unexpectedly. Another is being a secret sister to me (I have a general idea who it is and I love whoever it is for doing it!) Another that I just recently became friends with stopped by with a Willow Tree doll and expressed her willingness to do anything for me. Another cried with me on the phone as she said she'd switch places with me just to alleviate this pain I'm going through. And the list goes on and on of the countless phone calls, girl chats, and texts of love and support.
And lastly, where would I be without my wonderful family. Matt has been the most supportive husband lately. He goes with the flow when I'm having my "moments." He's been on board with me through all my plans and getaways that I have on the agenda. And he's been an amazing listener as I vent my worries, sorrows and frustrations. My kids have been the best also. Isaac seems to just step it up when he senses that I'm having a hard time. He has no idea what's going on, but he does know that his mom can have "moments" and so he does what he can to alleviate the stress. He'll clean the house, he'll take care of Rocky and Maya's needs, he's even made dinner before. I have a mother-in-law and sister-in-law that have come to my babysitting beck and call whenever I need them. I don't need to ask twice for their help and they do it happily and with open arms. I have aunts and cousins that took the time and money out of their lives to try and make T and Mandy's life more comfortable. They re-decorated their bedroom, bathroom, and back patio. And they did it with a happy heart. I heard them say time and time again how grateful they were to be able to do that. And lastly, there's no words to describe how much I enjoy being with my brothers and dad. It's amazing how just being in their presence brings happiness and calmness to me. I'm so glad that we all get along so well, and that we love each other so much. I can't think of a more easy going and laid back family than mine. We're all just there for each other and would be willing to do anything for one another. If anything, through all these trials I've learned how important family is and the importance of staying close.
So I hope everyone knows how grateful I am for their kindness. And now, I want you to sit back and close your eyes and feel the kindness I'm sending your way. :) (That was really hard to write and not laugh. I mean I really want you to feel it, but how do you write that and not sound extremely cheesy?)
1 comments:
Ooh, that kindness sure is feeling nice right about now! You are sure cute!
Post a Comment