
Today in yoga our teacher Sharee, (she's my new yoga teacher- Hope changed to Fridays and that's a tough day for me to make it to class. But on a fun side note, Sharee is Derek and Julianne Hough's sister from Dancing With the Stars.), so anyhow our class was centered around being flexible. Flexibility in yoga allows you to get into the tough poses better and get all the benefits from them. Flexibility gives you more options and ultimately more control over your yoga experience. The more flexible you are, the easier yoga becomes.
So now.... applying it to life. This post may be a bit controversial, but I feel a stirring inside and the whole time we talked about the importance of being flexible there was only one thing on my mind...... the new health care plan that was just passed. Now I'm not a political type girl and I don't have any loyalties to any particular party. So I am completely neutral/flexible when it comes to political issues. Now what's been really bugging me are the extreme people that belong to both the democrat and republican parties. Being a neutral person I am looking at both sides and am in disgust at the behaviors of some people. At the gym today two women were overheard talking about the new health care plan. They were up in arms about it and were bashing President Obama. One lady even said that she wouldn't mind if someone were to assassinate him! Really?! Kill our president because you don't agree with something? But what kills me is that a few minutes later she said to the other lady, "So what does this new health care plan even entail?" Seriously!!! You want the President of the United States assassinated over a plan you know very little about?!!! On the flip side, I was watching the news and the politicians reactions when the bill was passed. The democrats were cheering, the republicans were appalled and upset, and then one democrat came up to the camera yelling out "we won, we beat them!" Huh? And I thought this was about health care and not winning. Then another guy (this one republican) shouted out "Baby Killers!" Wow. What class our leaders are showing. To me, it looks as though if you are Democrat, you are told to think this way. If you are republican, you are told to think that way. What happened to the flexibility and the thinking for ourselves? For this purpose I don't belong to any political party. There are good and bad about both. But I'm going to use my freedoms and my agency to make my own decisions and be open minded to all ideas. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. This is just one of those things that have been bugging me, and with yoga focusing on flexibility, I was given the chance to really ponder on it. Alright, I'll get off my soap box. :) Love to all!!
7 comments:
It is about time we all were a little more flexible. I feel the same way. I have an opinion about the health care plan, but the rudeness on all sides is just ridiculous! Good job stating it all!
No need to get off your soapbox, I'm proud of you for taking a stand. Hope to see you at the Caucus' tonight.
Way to say it like it is. I too have an opinion on health care and I have been doing a little bit of research on it. BUT I really am upset about politicians in general right now. They are mostly just looking out for themselves. I wish I could have gone to the caucas!
I am with ya Aleesha! I am neutral too (which drives my husband nuts because he thinks I am a fence sitter). I am not...I choose what side of the issue I am for and go with it, no matter the party. I am surprised at how heated both sides have gotten too. It just reminds me how important it is for us to educate ourselves, be smart and flexible in our choices and then stand by them - politely.
Aleesha, girl I so agree with you! Monday a neighbor called and said she was hoping we were going to the Republican Caucus she wanted to run and wanted support. I told her that actually I am not a registerd Republican....or Democrat for that matter. I am an independent. Which I feel is like Kim...it depends on the issue.
I think the whole Party thing is a joke and creates division within or country.
SO, to make a long story short I went, I registered Republican so I could vote on this local level, (since I've been complaining so much thought it was time to do something) I voted for my candidates only which one that won. NOW I will change my status BACK to independent. I couldn't vote unless I was registered to a party but guess what I am not a Rebublican....or a Democrat, I am an American that wants the US to get back to allowing the people to run this country not the government. Our government has way too much power and I've come to realize that most of us are unaware at just how much power we don't have!
Politicians no matter what party have been the worst examples. If you ask me....which girl I know you didn't but here I go anyways....it's about Money and its' about Power.
Erg, politics make me so frustrated and lately I've been feeling the urge to really get to know the issues and fight for those that I feel are important.
ANYWHOOOOOOOOOO's.........Yoga? Where? I really need some flexibility!
Amen Angie! Lets get rid of the whole party nonsense and concentrate on issues at hand.
Yoga, Mondays/Fridays 10:00 at Crossroads gym. I love it! You should come sometime.
Also, I'm so glad everyone is with me on this. At least those that are willing to comment are. :)
Post a Comment