Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring Break Days 4-6

Day 4: HAWAIIAN DAY

We started off the day by going to the Clearfield Aquatic Center with Mandy and her kids. When we arrived we were told that there was a field trip of about 150 kids in the pool. After seeing the disappointment in my kids faces when I told them I didn't want to deal with that, we decided to brave the crowd and go anyways. It actually wasn't that bad. After about an hour of being there the field trip kids left and we had the pool basically to ourselves the rest of the time. The kids had a blast, and I just enjoyed watching them have a blast. When we got home we were so waterlogged and tired that we all (except for Isaac who went up to the rec center to play some hoops with Cooper) laid down and had a little nap. When we woke, we had a "hula" hoop contest and ate Hawaiian haystacks for dinner.







Day 5: WILD WEST DAY

This was probably my most favorite day. First off we went on a walk along the Riverdale Parkway. We all wore hats (I was the only one with an actual cowboy hat), and when we talked we addressed each other by saying pardner and mam. While walking, I tried to teach the boys Home On The Range, but they weren't really feeling it. The walk was wonderful. Even though there are no leaves yet, it was beautiful. I loved walking along the rivers side for most of the way. That night we borrowed Grandpa Merrill's telescope and attempted to do some star gazing. Unfortunately, there was some major cloud coverage going on, so we weren't really able to do that. So instead, we built a blanket fort and the kids camped out in the family room all night.




Day 6: SPORTS DAY

We started off the day by watching the Master's golf tournament. I had very mixed feelings who I should be rooting for. Tiger or Mickelson, Tiger or Mickelson? In the end I'm happy that Mickelson won. Later in the day we went to Cherry Hills and played in their Hamster Haven and Aeroball. The kids loved this! Luke was beside himself because he'd never actually been in a ball pit. He thought it was so cool. Aeroball was also a big hit. My calves are still a little sore from jumping so long. After that , we went out to eat. I wanted to go to a sports grill, but the kids wanted to go to Chili's really bad, so we went there. When we got home, Matt went outside and played basketball with the kids. After that I declared that theme week was over! It was fun, but it was exhausting. I'm grateful that I stuck it out though. You can learn so much about your kids while sitting at a table and coloring, or going on a 2 mile walk.






4 comments:

Moline Family said...

What a fun mom you are! Sounds like you all had a lot of fun and what creative ideas.

Kim said...

ok ...i think i am gonna use this idea come summertime! thanks!

The Close's Place said...

You are awesome. Lots of effort and lots of reward.

shauni said...

You are such a good mom! I love the idea of having theme days, you are inspiring me to be more creative!