Matt and I didn't even know where to start. There were tons of different things we could do. Thankfully Angie B. gave us this wonderful book that she took with her on her Kauai trip. This book didn't leave my side the whole time we were there. It told us (in a very candid and honest way, which is why I loved it so much) which restaurants were good and which ones weren't so good, all the different activities to do, all the sites to see, etc.

We rented this cute little jeep for the week. Actually they were going to give us a mini van, but Matt asked if it was okay if we took the jeep instead. Surprisingly they didn't care. It was tons of fun driving around with the top down. Every once in a while it would start raining. But the good thing is, as long as we were driving the rain would hydroplane (I have no idea if that's the right word) right past us.
We went on a little hike that took us to a place called Secret Beach. It was a nice little beach tucked away that you can only get to by this hike.
After getting to the beach you can walk a little further and go swimming in the Secret Lava Pools. I think these really were secret because Matt and I were the only ones there. They were a lot of fun to go swimming in. They were nice and warm and they were right up against the tide.
Secret Beach had some majorly strong waves. It was so much fun diving into the waves as they'd come crashing into the shore.
Later that night we went to a Luau. I give the Luau one thumb up and one thumb down. Sure it was pretty cool to see the girlies shake their hips and see the guys swing around their sticks on fire, and I got a real flower lei, but other than that it was just okay. The food was terrible and it cost a lot of money. I guess you have to do a luau at least once if you're going to Hawaii though, right?
5 comments:
I love Matt's expression in regards to the Laua...was it a candid or posed shot??? (My word verification is REDWINE - here's hoping that's no indication of how much you guys celebrated the big 10!
Looks awesome. That secret beach place looks like paradise. Why am I not surprised Matt didn't like the Luau? He doesn't seem the Luau type. Can't wait to hear about the rest.
ALeesha...I've been dying to hear what you did and where you went. We LOVED our jeep (ours was red) Too!
We went to Scotty's BBQ and I took the exact same picture of the palm trees. They looked so cool all crooked.
We opted not to do the Luau and now I am glad we didn't. They were all so pricy!!!!
HA, I want to know which "private beach" you went to. We went to one called Larsen's beach and it was gorgeous. Probably our favorite spot there in Kauai. I loved that you really could be alone at certain beaches.
I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. I STILL haven't posted everything from our trip. I am glad you had fun. I too had that book with me at all times. Was the Marriott in Poipu?
Okay enough of me and my random sentence structures I will just wait for the rest of the posts!
You look so cute on the secret beach with your braids!
I'm so sad the luau was a bust. I've always wanted to go to a real luau...but now I'm not so sure!
The jeep looks like so much fun and I want to go to secret beach right now!
Post a Comment