Friday, May 29, 2009

The Good Life

It's a bitter-sweet feeling to be back. I missed my kids a ton... but man, Kauai was paradise! I can't think of a better way for Matt and I to have celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. The lifestyle there was so laid back and relaxing. (I went a whole week with no make up or blow drying my hair. So watch out...I kind of liked the no make up thing and might keep it up). I loved how it was such a small town feel with no large cities, no large buildings (aside from the resort areas), and chickens running wild everywhere. But, Matt and I had a wonderful time. I think I'll just post one day of vacation at a time, so I don't overwhelm myself.


Here's the Resort Grounds from the Marriott Resort that we stayed at. That in and of itself was one of the most beautiful things about the vacation. It definitely lived up to my expectations of what a resort should look like in Hawaii.

On Thursday I took my first steps into an ocean (that I have recollection of). I've waited a long time for this. Notice the hat? :) Not necessarily my style, but I have a very paranoid husband that didn't want me to get sunburned and bought it for me. I wore it the first day just to humor him. After that I promised that I would cake on the sunscreen.

Later that night we ate at Scotty's BBQ- very tasty. Here's the view from our table.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Looks like a great time! Leesh- I wish I had that cowboy hat. I got JACKED UP in the DR!

Jeni said...

I've been wondering where you've been!
How fun for you guys! I just looked through your photos on facebook, and I am sooooo jealous!
I think it's so sweet that matt worries about your sunscreen.

Kim said...

Glad you had fun...and Happy Anniversary! Thanks for the teaser! Can't wait to see more pics!

Diana said...

Welcome home - can't wait to see all the other pics.