Monday, June 1, 2009

Kauai Day 3- It's The Fishies and Me

On Saturday we took a boat ride along the Na Pali Coast. This was absolutely beautiful. I guess the only way you can see this is either by boat or by a huge, long hike. The Na Pali Coast is a hot spot that film makers like to use for their movies. But now that I say that, I can't think of a single movie our tour guide said they made there. Maybe I wasn't listening because I was just so captivated by the beauty of the island. Or maybe (and this one is probably more accurate) I tuned our tour guide out because he thought it was Comedy Hour and he just wasn't that funny.


I hesitated as to whether I should post this picture or not But it's just too good to pass up. Upon coming here we found out that one of Matt's friends from work was planning a trip to Kaui also. So he booked his trip the same week as us. Funny thing is that when we got there our rooms were right next to each other. Anyhow, occassionally we'd hook up and do stuff with them. We took this boat ride together and not only got to have a fantastic view of Na Pali, but got to have a view of him and his wife taking turns throwing up over the rail. I felt so bad for them. They didn't stop the whole time!


Once we got to our half way spot on the boat trip we were able to get out and go snorkeling. I don't have any pictures of this because they were all taken with the non-digital water camera. What a pain in the neck non-digital is! But snorkeling was absolutely awesome. I have to admit I panicked a little when I first tried it out. The whole concept of breathing under water freaked me out. Every time I put my face in the water I'd start to hyperventilate. But once I got the hang of it I loved it. There were tons and tons of fish, oh, and a lot of huge turtles. Surprisingly I didn't care about swimming with the fish. Now if there were other sea creatures besides fish, that might have been a different story. I always thought that the fish would be scared of snorkelers, but they weren't. They would swim right along beside us.


This is our "hilarious" tour guide. I think his name was Jimmy or Sammy or Johnny or Bobby...



That night we ate at Duke's Restaurant. The ambiance was really nice, the food was pretty good. I tried fish and chips for the second time in my life. I'm not a big fish fan, but I promised myself that I was going to try new things on our trip. The whole time we were there I tried at all costs to pick something off the menu that I've never had. I was pretty happy with all my choices.

7 comments:

Ellie McFreaken said...

Aleesha...where was this? Did you tour the Na Pali coast? That was one thing we really want to do next time.

I just took a second look that has to be the Na Pali...Oh that looks so beautiful, I am ready for another vacation!

P.S. Your music is awesome....I am going to snag some of these Hawaiian songs.

Ellie McFreaken said...

ALeesha...Please tell me I'm not going crazy and that you added more info..?????

Uriona Family said...

I am SO unbelievably (sp?) jealous. OUr last date turned into a disaster where Dane backed into the babysitters car and we didn't end up going at all because of it. :) YEAH!! That was a fun one.

Monica said...

I love snorkeling! I'm glad you were able to do that. And it's too bad your friends were barfing during the whole boat trip...kinda takes away from the ambiance...poor guys.

Aleesha said...

Yes Angie I added more. Somehow I posted the pictures before I added the text. But there was only like a 5 minute window where there were only pictures and not text. You must have been blog stalking me awaiting my every blog post. :)

Shaury said...

What nice straight teeth you have! I'm very proud that you tried different things besides chicken strips.

Jeni said...

oh the napali coast is gorgeous! Soooo jealous!

I feel bad for the pukers.