When my mom passed away and my dad told me to come and take anything of hers that I wanted a few things immediately popped into my mind. I wanted her red boots, her yellow Oriental leisure suit, her purse necklace, her rose colored purse, her wedding ring (or the one that she'd bought for herself to replace the real wedding ring she lost), one of her tea party hats, and THE HAND. Now the hand has such sentimental value for me. My mom was so much fun and was always doing stuff to spice things up. During Halloween one year she bought this hand and every so often it would change places in the house. Some places were funny (in the fridge), and other places were not so funny (in my bed). It was always so much fun to see where the hand was going to show up next. I've decided to keep this tradition going in loving memory of my mom. Every so often the hand appears somewhere different in our house. Isaac is loving this. He's convinced (or maybe he's just humoring me) that the hand moves on its own. Here's a few of the places that The Hand has already been this season. My favorite though (we did this last year and I've gotta do it again) is on Halloween night and we put it in the milk box outside to scare the milk man.
Fourth of July fun.
12 years ago
10 comments:
That is so fun! It is cool that you can continue some of your moms traditions.
Haha! The Hand! I like it. October really is a fun month.
Going back to our book club discussion... this definately is one way to "honor" and keep your mom's memory alive. Have fun my friend.
Oh my heck. This is the coolest thing ever. I've got to start something like this at our house!
How FUN!!!!!
Oh, that's really funny! I laughed at every picture!
LOL! Love that you can carry on that tradition. I think the hand would seriously freak me out if I found it in my bed though. Eeekkk...
Oh that's good stuff! Your mom's awesome. Interesting that "the hand" was something you knew you wanted of hers. It's not exactly in the same category as the other things you wanted.
That is great- I love it!
Your mom was one of a kind...that's why we all loved her.
Oh, the hand! I remember your mom and that thing. I'll never forget her pratical jokes!
Post a Comment