Luke- "Mom? Why doesn't school start at 4:44?"
Mom- "Because then you wouldn't get home until 7:00."
Luke- "Oh. I wish it started at 4:44."
Luke- "Mom did you know that some kids my age don't think it's gross to kiss girls?"
Mom- "Really? Are you one of those kids?"
Luke- .......... (he's totally ignoring me now).
Luke- "Mom, Brooks said that he doesn't ever want to get married. But it's good to have a wife right?"
Mom- "Right."
Luke- "I wonder who my wife will be?"
Mom- "I don't know, just make sure that I like her okay?"
Luke- "Right, because if you guys fought all the time then we couldn't live with you anymore."
Mom- "Aye yi yi Lukey Lou!!!"
Luke- "Mom, I'm gonna keep hitting you with this sword until you get done with the dishes."
Mom- "That's just wonderful Luke."
Luke- "Mom, why wasn't I born a superhero?"
Mom- "Nobody is born a superhero. They're only pretend."
Luke- "I know. But why wasn't I born a superhero?"
Mom- "Because that's not how Heavenly Father wanted you."
Luke- "Why not?"
Mom- "Because if you were a superhero, you'd have to be born to another superhero family and not ours."
Luke- "Nutta Mom. I could be a superhero and save you from when Maya is a brat and when Boon Dog (Rocky) tries to slap you."
Mom- "Good point Luke. You're right. I wonder why you weren't born a superhero."
Fourth of July fun.
12 years ago
9 comments:
Love it, entries like this is what blogging is all about - capturing those priceless silly childhood moments. I'll keep my fingers cross that you and your future daughter-in-law do not fight all the time, so that you guys can coexist as one happy superhero family:)
I thought Boon Dog only tries to slap Matt??
Luke is so dang cute.
Those are cute! Luke is so cute! I know you can't wait to have the daughter-in-law living with you! What kind of super hero does he want to be???
That is the cutest post ever! I wish I wrote down things my kids said more often so I could remember them like this. In fact, you have inspired me...I am gonna put a notebook in my purse right now! Love this!
Luke is a cute kid. I can't believe he has friends who talk about kissing. Way to early. I love your family pics by the way. Where were they taken?
Luke is the coolest kid I know. These are hilarious.
The deep thoughts of a young mind are priceless! I knew he would be a heartbreaker, but who knew so early? Could he look more like Matt in these pics? That is totally the little guy that used to follow me around all the time. I don't know if Matt was as introspective though...must get the smarts from mom. Love it!
Wow he does look alot like Matt in those pictures, except a little bit cuter. What a sweetie.
Post a Comment