Monday, October 19, 2009

Kali Goddess of Destruction





Did I even come close to any of these poses today???...... Mmmmmm, no. Actually I did do the third one down, but other than that I only got one foot off the ground with the rest of them. I'm a little apprehensive to try these poses because the last time I tried them full on I got tendonitis. But today Hope's intention for us was to channel our inner Kali. Now, Kali is a feared Hindu goddess. She is associated with the force of time and destruction. Just as I was, I'm sure ya'll are saying to yourselves, "what the...?" But just humor me and go with me there. Destruction doesn't have to be a bad thing because when one thing ends, another begins. So we were channeling our inner Kali and destroying the bad things in our lives to make room for the good. In my mind I was destroying my need for sweets. And I say need because sometimes I feel like I truly need them. It's not something to enjoy and take pleasure in, it's a, "if I don't have it I'm going to go crazy" type of thing. (I only feel that way if it's right in front of me. If it's out of sight it's out of mind.) In return I can maybe achieve that booty that I've always wanted. I thought this was such a fun intention for our class today. Even though Kali is mythological it's fun to believe in stuff like that sometimes. Look at all the good that can come from make-believe and myths. (If there are kids reading, now is the time to stop) For instance, Santa. Look at all the good that comes from this mythological person. And now Kali, the Destroyer of my jiggly booty!

5 comments:

shauni said...

Reading your blog makes me want to take up yoga, it sounds fabulous! I would love a Hindu goddess to get rid of my sweet cravings and jiggly belly hmmmm.

Kim said...

Your post made me laugh. If only believing in something like that would get rid of some of those temptations and destroy such distractions in our life! I believe, I believe! Sad that we have to work so darn hard though!!! LOL!

Jenny Kapp said...

I think Kali and I could become very good friends. With all of the pregnancy hormones I could really channel some great destruction! My family probably already thinks I have channeled her! As for your jiggly booty...just remember how bad mine looked in all that spandex last weekend and you will feel a lot better! (What was I thinking?)

Shaury said...

Love that yoga class. Mostly I'm glad you're taking it & sharing with me the good parts.

Jeni said...

I have the same sweet problem. I don't want to quit. :) but I would like to do some yoga! This looks so intense!