Monday, August 10, 2009

Luke's 6th Birthday

Luke turned 6 on the 25th of July. To celebrate he had his cousin/b.f.f. Brooks sleep over the night before. On the day of his birthday we woke up, opened gifts (he got blendy pens, pokemon cards, diving fish, and roller skates), then headed off to Classic Waterslides. After that we ate lunch at McDonald's, rented some movies, went home ate cake and ice cream, then vegged out watching movies and eating popcorn.

Luke has got to be the coolest kid I know. He's so layed back and easy going. If things don't go his way or if I tell him no about something, he's 100% okay with it. After dealing with an (almost) 8 year old that has a much harder time dealing with the word no, and a 2 year old that, well, wants what she wants when she wants it, Luke is a breath of fresh air. I usually only have to ask once for him to do something (that is if he hasn't already volunteered to do it). He's also such a happy boy. He's always the one giggling and coming up with some crazy facial expressions. And I love that he still loves to cuddle with me. Any chance he can get when I'm not attached to one of the babies, he sneaks his way into my arms. I love Luke and am so so grateful to be his mom!








2 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

I wish I could be as laid back as Luke! He's great!

Monica said...

Oh I love his skates! Or I should say I love seeing Luke in his skates...those things look gigantic with his little stick legs poking out of them. So cute. And yes, Lukey is the sweetest boy ever.