Thursday, August 20, 2009

30 Day Hair Challenge

So, I've been tempted to cut my hair. Now before ya'll comment and say I should do it, just know that I don't want to and I'm not going to. The only reason I even played with the idea is because I'm so sick of my hair. We all get in those ruts, right? So to prevent me from cutting, I gave my self a challenge. I had to do a different hairstyle every day for 30 days. Now there were a few naysayers, but I'm proud to say that I did it! Actually there were quite a few hairstyles that I never got around to doing. Below you will see 32 different hairstyles. The reason there's 32 and not 30 is because along with hair challenge I decided to have a different shirt for each hair-do. I had 32 shirts, so therefore I decided to extend the challenge a few days. I highly recommend trying this. It was so much fun! And I no longer have the desire to cut my hair. And the challenge spiced things up a bit in my daily routine. It was actually so much fun I'm trying to think of my next style challenge. Anyone on board with me?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so you didn't make up the names, did you? I'm gonna puke...you're so cute in every one! So glad you took pictures. I'll try not to tease you about it anymore...

Don't cut it!

jaclyn said...

so honored to have one named after me! cute do's girl!

Luke and Mel said...

I think I need to do this. I have exactly two things that I do with my hair, and and it needs to stop. I'm too spoiled. It takes me approx. 30 seconds to do my hair, so I don't know if I have the stamina to actually style it! But you've inspired me!!

Maria said...

WOOOOWWWWW....

Seriously - that is impressive. I could never do this for several reasons....a few

1) I don't know how to do my hair
2) I don't have enough shirts - I need to fix that
3) I hate pictures of myself

You are so pretty

Aleesha said...

Of course I made up the names. I pulled inspiration from everywhere....friends, celebrities, internet, magazines, etc. For those wanting to do this, or for those of you that don't think you can, look on youtube. There are tutorials of every kind on how to do hair. I actually have never known how to french braid, but I youtubed it and learned how. You'll notice my first attempt at french braiding on "The Rachel McAdams" hairdo.

Angie said...

I love all the Doo's, you look beautiful in all of them.

Angie said...

And you will have to let me know if you like Neverwhere, I have been thinking about reading that book. Love ya Leesh.

Jenny Kapp said...

Seriously so cute! I think your next challenge should be to do my hair everyday! Heaven knows someone should be doing it!!! I really liked the vintage one.

Monica said...

All the styles were so lovely. You definitely have a talent for doing hair. My fave has to be "The Classic Waterslide"...THAT one I could do.

Uriona Family said...

So cute!! I am totally impressed. I could never do it. I don't even know how to do ONE hairstyle, let alone 30...and 30 shirts that are all cute, never gonna happen...I wish, but not here anyway. Can you take me shopping and do my hair?

Aleesha said...

Stacy-tell me the time and place and I'm there! I love a good shopping spree and makeover!!

Jeni said...

Oh my! You are amazing and inspiring. I think I'm too old to do this challenge.
My personal favorite is also the classic waterslide! I think it's because you look a little dazed and confused. You rock.

Kim said...

Okay -seriously?!!! I am lucky if I even get my hair brushed in the morning! But I am gonna do this challenge and any other you issue - just cause I need an excuse to get dressed and look semi-put together in the morning! I like the vintage - how did you do that!? Super cute girl! You inspire!

Tiffany & Co. said...

I need you to teach me how to do some of these styles. I can never think of what to do with my hair and it always looks the same. You look SO pretty in every single picture. No fair!