Sunday was a relaxing day. We woke up and went to church in Lihue. I was surprised at how many members there were. While we were there we counted 3 different LDS churches. To me that's a lot for one small island. But sacrament meeting was your normal every day sacrament. But then after that was over all the members of that ward stood up at the front of the room and sang to all of the visitors, "A Song of Aloha," and gave us crocheted leis. It was a nice sentiment. You could tell some of them were kind of tired of singing that song by the look on their face. I'm sure they have to do it every Sunday with all the tourists that go there.
After church we went and got changed and drove to a beach on the south shore. On your way to the south shore you pass through a place called the Tree Tunnel. This was amazing. This picture doesn't even capture how cool it was. For a good 1/2 mile there was a tunnel of trees that you drove through. This was one of my favorite sights. But when we got to the beach we just hung out, played in the water, and relaxed on the beach.

When we got back, Matt wanted to go watch the NBA Playoffs, so I went down to the beach by the resort and read my book. This is one of those things that I'll probably always remember about the vacation. It was so nice being by myself, not a care in the world, listening to the waves, sitting under a palm tree, and reading a good book. (Which by the way, if you haven't read Hunger Games I highly recommend it. It was so so good!) Plus it felt like I had the beach all to myself. Within the first couple of minutes of me being out there it started to rain, so everyone ran inside. I stuck it out under an umbrella because by now I had gotten to know the Kauai rain. It'll rain for 5 minutes tops and then be done. So when I went back to my lawn chair the whole beach was desserted. I loved it! I felt like I was in one of those Corona commercials on some secluded island, so I captured the moment and took a picture.
After church we went and got changed and drove to a beach on the south shore. On your way to the south shore you pass through a place called the Tree Tunnel. This was amazing. This picture doesn't even capture how cool it was. For a good 1/2 mile there was a tunnel of trees that you drove through. This was one of my favorite sights. But when we got to the beach we just hung out, played in the water, and relaxed on the beach.
When we got back, Matt wanted to go watch the NBA Playoffs, so I went down to the beach by the resort and read my book. This is one of those things that I'll probably always remember about the vacation. It was so nice being by myself, not a care in the world, listening to the waves, sitting under a palm tree, and reading a good book. (Which by the way, if you haven't read Hunger Games I highly recommend it. It was so so good!) Plus it felt like I had the beach all to myself. Within the first couple of minutes of me being out there it started to rain, so everyone ran inside. I stuck it out under an umbrella because by now I had gotten to know the Kauai rain. It'll rain for 5 minutes tops and then be done. So when I went back to my lawn chair the whole beach was desserted. I loved it! I felt like I was in one of those Corona commercials on some secluded island, so I captured the moment and took a picture.
That night we went to dinner at the Beach House to celebrate our friend Casey's birthday. I had some very interesting fish. It was good, but it was interesting. I wish I had taken a picture of it because the presentation was the best part about it. Aside from the food, this was my favorite restaurant just because of our view. We were right on the coast where tons of surfers go. Surfing is such an amazing sport. Also, this was an amazing spot to see the sunset.
6 comments:
I have absolutely loved reading about your trip. I felt like I was there, reading a book all by myself at the beach...oh it sounds divine!
I really need to be in a Corona commercial! So divine!
Glad to know I am not going crazy :)
I HAVE been on my computer for the past three days seriously non-stop finishing up photo stuff so yes I have been checking blogs on my hourly breaks! Kauai is what I could really use right now.....I would love to bust out of this joint to a far away beach.........
paradise...beach, book, alone - simply heaven! Glad you took a picture of it!
Loving your Hawaii posts...makes me feel I'm there...music & all. Nothing better than reading on a beach in Hawaii. Thanks for sharing.
I was thinking Corona commercial before you even said that. I'm also very proud of you guys for going to church while you were there. Good job!
Post a Comment