First of all I need to apologize to my boy Luke for not getting any pictures of him playing t-ball. I had plans of taking pictures of him at his last game, but it was rainy that day so I assumed his game was canceled, but apparently it wasn't. Therefore, no pictures.
I enjoyed baseball season this year. Usually t-ball is torturous to sit through, but I had my good old bff to talk to this year and it made it a little more enjoyable. Plus, my boys games were occasionally scheduled at the same time so I had to switch off between the two. Luke enjoyed playing (I think). He probably liked it because all of his buddies were on his team and they'd usually get to go play at the park together after some of the games. As for the baseball part of it, I don't know how any kid could like t-ball. There are no real baseball rules, they only get to run a base at a time, and they're forced to throw the ball to first base every time they get it. Sure, they're little and all, but I think they can grasp the concept of if you hit it far enough, go ahead and run to second base. Or, if you're standing right next to third base, you have a runner coming right at you, and the ball comes to you go ahead and try to get the out (which wouldn't really be an out anyways) at third, instead of trying to chuck the ball clear across the field to first base. Man, I struggle with t-ball. I'm going to try and keep it a secret from my next two kids. It's straight to coach pitch for them.
On to coach pitch. This is a little more entertaining. Although if I were in charge, I'd have a few more structured rules. I'd still let everyone hit and not have a 3 outs rule, but if you get out you need to be out. I think 1st graders are old enough to grasp the concept that when you get out, you need to go sit down. I think our society is leaning way too much to the fairness side of things. Life isn't fair. And anyways, what's fair about getting someone out and then them not having to go sit down. Anyhow, I'm done with my two cents about that. Isaac did really good this year. By his last game he could hit the ball every time, and hit it pretty good. He's a really fast runner, so he rarely got "out." And he was able to make a lot of good catches and "outs" in the field. It's fun to see him progress and get better in sports. It was also fun to see Matt step in and help coach. When I saw him out there pitching to the kids, I for some reason kept thinking about the book, The 7 Love Languages. I decided that's one of my love languages....Matt being involved with the kids. I love it! I'm excited that my boys like sports, especially baseball. I love to watch baseball games. I miss going to watch my brothers play ball. That was a huge part of my life growing up, and I really miss not having that anymore. I guess that's why I was granted 3 sons.
I enjoyed baseball season this year. Usually t-ball is torturous to sit through, but I had my good old bff to talk to this year and it made it a little more enjoyable. Plus, my boys games were occasionally scheduled at the same time so I had to switch off between the two. Luke enjoyed playing (I think). He probably liked it because all of his buddies were on his team and they'd usually get to go play at the park together after some of the games. As for the baseball part of it, I don't know how any kid could like t-ball. There are no real baseball rules, they only get to run a base at a time, and they're forced to throw the ball to first base every time they get it. Sure, they're little and all, but I think they can grasp the concept of if you hit it far enough, go ahead and run to second base. Or, if you're standing right next to third base, you have a runner coming right at you, and the ball comes to you go ahead and try to get the out (which wouldn't really be an out anyways) at third, instead of trying to chuck the ball clear across the field to first base. Man, I struggle with t-ball. I'm going to try and keep it a secret from my next two kids. It's straight to coach pitch for them.
On to coach pitch. This is a little more entertaining. Although if I were in charge, I'd have a few more structured rules. I'd still let everyone hit and not have a 3 outs rule, but if you get out you need to be out. I think 1st graders are old enough to grasp the concept that when you get out, you need to go sit down. I think our society is leaning way too much to the fairness side of things. Life isn't fair. And anyways, what's fair about getting someone out and then them not having to go sit down. Anyhow, I'm done with my two cents about that. Isaac did really good this year. By his last game he could hit the ball every time, and hit it pretty good. He's a really fast runner, so he rarely got "out." And he was able to make a lot of good catches and "outs" in the field. It's fun to see him progress and get better in sports. It was also fun to see Matt step in and help coach. When I saw him out there pitching to the kids, I for some reason kept thinking about the book, The 7 Love Languages. I decided that's one of my love languages....Matt being involved with the kids. I love it! I'm excited that my boys like sports, especially baseball. I love to watch baseball games. I miss going to watch my brothers play ball. That was a huge part of my life growing up, and I really miss not having that anymore. I guess that's why I was granted 3 sons.
4 comments:
Now I know where your inspiration for the ward party came from. I looked at those pictures of Michelles friends baby and started crying so consider yourself warned.
I second all your thoughts on the "rules" of t-ball and coach pitch - you should send a copy to the rec center. I like the 'face off' between McKay running and Isaac throwing the ball.
**Here's hoping Matt reads this post so he can continue to speak YOUR language of LOVE.
I love when I get mentioned! Having boys is awesome huh. I too love watching their games (tball being the exception).
I totally remember you Aleesha. I have visited your site a few times. I was so sorry a few years ago to read in the paper about your mom. I can't remember why I didn't go to the funeral/viewing but know you were in my thoughts and prayers. I am so terribly sorry, but you seem to have a great attitude and are doing great. Wow what cute kids and so awesome you are friends with Matt and Michelle they are great people. Thanks for your comments. We are doing good and hope things stay good.
Post a Comment