Friday, June 5, 2009

Kauai Day 7- Time To Say Goodbye To This Little Patch Of Heaven

Wednesday was our last day. :( Actually I was ready to go home. I missed my kids badly. I think Kauai was sad to see us go though because it rained non stop all day this day. Unfortunately our flight didn't leave until 10:30 that night! This was torture. We had to check out of our room at 12:00, so we had the whole day of driving around. Because it was raining, we couldn't really do anything. So Matt and I drove up and down the coast making sure we didn't miss any of the sites. Later on in the afternoon we went to a couple of movies. (Angels and Demons and Terminator- both were pretty good. Matt didn't really like either.) Here's one last look at our resort we stayed at.




One of our stops on our forever long drive was at the lighthouse. We were done paying money, so we just looked at it from afar. If you ask me that was good enough.




For dinner we stopped one more time at The Beach Hut for some delicious burgers. Matt loved this place.


Well, the vacation posts are over. I'm back home to reality and life must go on. Like I said on my first vacation post, being back is bitter-sweet. On the plus side, my hair is no longer a frizzy mess, my clothes don't stick to my body from the humidity, the nice cool So. Weber breeze feels better to me than anything in the world, and I get to be mom once again. On the down side, no more peaceful moments to myself, no more one on one time with Matt (at least not like we were able to have there), and now I have nothing to blog about. I hope ya'll enjoyed it while it lasted!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Hawaii looks so beautiful, I am glad you guys had so much fun.

Jenny Kapp said...

I am so sad that we are now home from Hawaii! I was having such a good vacation!

Shaury said...

Thanks for the vacation posts & allowing me to live vicariously through you.

Tiffany & Co. said...

I've loved reading all your posts. Thanks for sharing! Did you stay at the Marriott on the south side of the island or the one kind of by the airport? I remember on our last day there we went to Costco and bought like a 12 pack of chocolate covered macademia nuts for our co-workers. It was awesome! Kipu Falls looked awesome, we never discovered that one! Did you go to Queen's Bath? I'll be writing you an email...