Can it be true? Has June already come and gone? Here's just a little snippet of what we've been up to so far this summer.
We went to the drive-in to see "Up." Very cute movie if you haven't seen it already. This was my kids first experience at the drive-in and they loved it! "When are we going to the drive-in again?" is an often asked question around our house now.
We went to the drive-in to see "Up." Very cute movie if you haven't seen it already. This was my kids first experience at the drive-in and they loved it! "When are we going to the drive-in again?" is an often asked question around our house now.
I attempted potty training, but quickly decided that I wasn't in the frame of mind to do this. We'll try again later?!
Went to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. It was a pretty cute show. Matt and I are still in debates whether Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was better than Wicked. Seriously?!!! Sometimes that man just loves to push my buttons.
We met up with some of my old high school buddies at the park. It was fun catching up. But I was paranoid the whole time because of this death trap. When are they going to take this stinkin' ride out of Layton Park?!
Luke had a grand idea to have a Superhero party. So when the weather finally cleared up we invited all of his bff's to come over dressed up in their superhero outfits and play. Little boys are hilarious is all I have to say about that.
We made use of our free Raptors tickets that we got from the boys little league games. Besides sweating to death, the sun in our eyes, and toddlers that didn't want to sit still it was pretty fun. I love baseball games, and it was just fun to get out and have fun with friends.
Most of you probably think that I'm the perfect wife :), but had a little walk on the rebellious side. I decided to beg for forgiveness rather than permission and got a trampoline. Matt has made it very well known how he feels about trampolines and his feelings are very negative to say the least. But my in-laws had a perfectly good trampoline that was going to waste and just calling out my name. So I gave into temptation, went and got the tramp, put it up myself, and fretted all day until Matt got home from work. Funny thing is, I knew I was going to be in trouble about it so when he got home and started to blow his lid, I found it quite comical. With a smirk on my face I apologized over and over. As soon as he saw how much fun his precious Maya had on it, he had a change of heart and gave us permission to keep it.
We had kind of a low key 4th of July this year. Rocky's birthday was on the 3rd, so we combined the two celebrations. I'll post about Rocky's birthday another time. So on the 4th, Matt's family came over for a bbq. Afterwards, we played baseball in the backyard, jumped on the tramp, and then lit fireworks in our culdesac out front. I love the 4th of July!!
Today we took a trip to the Weber State duck pond. Maya wasn't to sure about the ducks at first, but when she realized that they'd eat the bread she was throwing to them, she had a good old time.
4 comments:
Maya's bathing suit is so cute! I love it.
I've been wondering about the trampoline verdict...good to see you have a rebellious side:) Love the picture of all the Super Heroes. Happy Birthday Luke!
Every child must grow up with a trampoline! Maya is quite the little cutie! Looks like a grand 4h!
you are a rebel! I am so impressed miss aleesha! You are a true inspiration on living life and taking chances. :)
Post a Comment