Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Voting Day









It's finally here! I think this has been the longest election ever! (figuratively, Becky) But I'm proud to say that I exercised my right to vote today. I felt so important as I clicked on the candidate that I wanted. It was also a little nerve racking. Second thoughts were running through my head wondering if I was making the right choice. Isn't it exciting though that we'll have a new president by the end of the night!? I'm excited.

I decided to also post these nice pictures of Matt and his dad in a much heated political debate. Only Matt's family can know of the tension that was in the house at this moment. Let's just say that Matt's dad is very passionate about his Republican Party, and Matt just likes to push peoples buttons. Poor Rocky had to be caught in the middle of it all.











10 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

Absolutely feel so proud to have voted today! Good discussions and debates to decide all of the votes. So fun, so interesting!!

Melanie said...

I'm glad I never had to witness Dad and Matt talking politics. If Matt is not disowned by the end of this election, I will consider it a success.

Jeni said...

I too was proud to vote today.
Those are funny photos of Matt and his dad!

Tanya said...

I love the hand gestures, looks like it was a good one!! Tanya

Shaury said...

First, I love your new background (much better then Halloween). Second, good job voting! Third, how on earth did you get away with snapping pictures during such a heated debate? David & his grandpa had one of those just a couple weeks ago & we all thought grandpa was going to need an ambulance before it was all over. Good ol' politics.

Aleesha said...

Shaury, what you don't see in these pictures are my boys right below. They thought I was taking pictures of them. I wouldn't have had to be sneaky though. Matt and his dad had no idea anyone else was even in the room.

Becky A said...

I think it's hilarious that you were snapping away with the camera during the debate! Did you feel that it was a blogging moment, or what?

Maria said...

I'm so sorry Leesh. I'm going to have to say a little prayer for him every day for the next four years...bless his heart.

Monica said...

Haha! Awesome. Yeah, I feel real bad for Baby Rock too. We're all just innocent victims when it comes to being in the same room during one of those tired political debates. Ugh.

Angie said...

I liked the halloween background. I was only mad that I didn't get to the one you chose first. Remind me to never talk politics with Phil. We would not agree on many issues. It's great to be American!!!