Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Little Miss Mommy!

Yesterday we celebrated Maya's 2nd Birthday. To say that Maya's been a joy in my life would be an understatement. I remember when I was trying to get pregnant with her, I prayed and prayed and prayed, that I could have a girl. It was no secret that I'd be a little disappointed if I didn't. I thank Heavenly Father every day for answering that prayer.

Maya definitely has her own unique personality. She's the Queen of the Castle (or at least she thinks she is, and her daddy treats her that way). We call her Little Miss Mommy because, well, she thinks she's large and in charge like her mom. :) If Rocky, or I guess in her words, "Bocky" is crying she'll immediately run to his side and try to comfort him in anyway she can. Surprisingly her tactics really work. Even though sometimes those tactics involve straddling him and getting up in his grill and giving him loves. Rocky thinks it's hilarious. She also loves to boss Luke around. Or should I say Duke. Some common things I hear during the day are: "Duuuke, lunch!" or "Duuuke, go!" or "Duuuke, wake up!" or "Duuuke, no, no!" Luke just takes it in stride.

I love how girly she is. Not only was I blessed with a girl, but I was blessed with a girly girl. I painted her nails yesterday and to tell you the truth that's all we really needed to do to celebrate her birthday. That was the most exciting thing that we did all day. She's still looking at her nails and saying "pretty." She also loves to put on dresses. She loves to twirl around in them and see the bottom part flow out. Whenever I have a dress on, she'll say, "Oooo Mom, pretty." She also loves to wear jewelry. I often catch her getting into my jewelry armoire and trying on my bracelets. I never stop her though because I think it's so cute. She also loves all the girly commercials on t.v. Anytime a Bratz or Barbie or doll commercial is on she'll yell, "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom" and point to the t.v. However, she never wants to watch the girly shows. It's pure commercials for her. The only shows she likes is Dora and Diego. She loves, loves, loves Dora and Diego. Actually, loves isn't the word for it. She's obsessed. Matt says its because she's getting back to her roots. I blame these shows on a lot of her extreme behaviors though. Maya only has one volume level when she talks...... loud. She yells everything she says. Just like you know who. She's also began to talk in a wierd alter voice. I finally realized the other day that she's trying to sound like Baby Jaguar from Diego.

One of my greatest fears is that when Maya gets older she will go through that stage where she doesn't want anything to do with me. I don't know if I could go without our daily game of saying "I love you," and then hugging each other like we're hanging on for dear life. She likes to do that over and over and over. And I don't know if I could go without her wanting me to comfort her when anything goes wrong. And I don't know if I could go without her trying to be just like me by copying everything I do. So now that I have my girl, my new prayer is that we'll always be close to each other just like we are now.

Here are a few highlights of Miss Mommy's Birthday....

Yes, once again, that's 3 lollipops she's eating at the same time. In our house you get to do whatever you want on your birthday.









Our ward had a service auction a couple of months ago, and I won a birthday cake from good old Weston. Didn't he do such a good job! Who knew he had such talent.









We went to Chuck E. Cheese's. I told my kids I hope they enjoyed it while it lasted, because that was the first and the last time we are going there. It was mass chaos. Usually I don't mind large crowds, but this was out of control. This is Maya before she got use to the rides. Dad forced her to go on one and she wasn't into it at all. She'd rather run around wild than ride the rides.









Finally, we found a ride that she liked.









Maya turned into shy girl when we sang Happy Birthday. She also didn't want to blow out her candles, so big brothers had to help her out.









FINALLY, she got to eat her cake. She'd been eyeing her cake all day long.









She was very excited about her presents. Everything she got she'd oooh over it, and then yell out Dora. Even if the present had nothing to do with Dora. She got some pajamas that had a bunch of dogs on them that she immediately named. One was Dora, one was Boots, one was Isa, One was Tiko, and one was Benny. I also gave her a little cupboard that once was mine when I was little that I fixed up. I'll have to post pictures of that later. That cupboard is a story in and of itself.









Happy Birthday Baby Girl. I love you!

14 comments:

Becky A said...

Happy birthday, little Maya! She is so cute! And it sounds like she has the personality to go right along with it!

Maria said...

She is getting so big!! She is such a doll. I'm bringing her birthday dress to AZ for Matt to take home. Now that I think about it, maybe I should ship it?? Do you think she would like to get a package in the mail, or is she obvlious to that concept?

Shaury said...

That was a funny post. Maya is so darn cute. Sounds like a happy day. By the way, I tried texting you, but maybe you don't do that. It was just a test run anyways. I'll call ya with my number.

Jenny Kapp said...

Such a cutie! I love her little personality! She makes me laugh! She will always love you - what is there not to love (that is my secret fear for my girls too)! Happy day!!

The Close's Place said...

What a great post. I hope you'll save this for her to read when she's older. What a special relationship.

Jeni said...

So So Cute! Happy Birthday Little Maya!
What a beautiful cake! I've heard about his secret talent,but have never seen it in action...amazing.

PS: Would Maya like some Dora Lego blocks that my girls have out grown? :(

Melinda said...

Wow! What a beautiful baby girl. I just about ball everytime I read your posts. The kids are growing up before my eyes via blogs. I feel like that don't really know us :0( You do such a great job keeping us up to date. I guess I need to get my act together.
Love you guys...Can't wait for Christmas!

Luke and Mel said...

I don't blame Maya for crying on that ride... What was it? That was clearly the least creative/cool ride I've ever seen. What was Matt doing making her ride it :)?

Aleesha said...

Maria- just send the dress with Matt. Maya doesn't care about mail yet.

Jeni- Maya would love the Dora blocks. After Dora, blocks are her next favorite thing to play with.

Jeni said...

Yay! I'll get them over to you!

Diana said...

Happy B-Day miss Mya - I love the cake. It was fun working with you at the book fair. Thanks for all the laughs. We were pretty lucky to have the same time assignment. Sooo did you end up getting the HSM yearbook??

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Maya! Eeeema has a card for you

Angie said...

Your post was so funny. All laughed so much when I read it. Your so good at telling stories. I love the the Dora cake. I didn't know Maya was so girly. That is so much fun.

Tiffany & Co. said...

Awe! Happy Birthday sweet Maya! Could she be any cuter? Weston did an awesome job on her Dora cake, the man's got talent! Good for him! What a sweet post for your baby girl :)