Sunday, September 14, 2008

State Fair

"Nobody is too good for the state fair, period, though perhaps the state fair is too good for some people. If you find it beneath you to get elbow to elbow with people who have not enough money and too many kids, and folks who work the earth, and greasy-fingered, shiny-eyed cheerful miscreants operating the rides, then perhaps you have too high an opinion of yourself, because we are all made of the same suspect dust, it seems. And if your mistaken opinion of your social position prevents you from getting a fresh corn dog and a hot steaming plate of sugary funnel cake, then it serves you right. Go content yourself with a pseudo-cosmopolitan meal in your favorite faux Euro-bistro with the cheap furniture, and pretend you live in New York. As for me and my household, we'll take the fair."

Ya gotta love the fair!!! This weekend Me, Matt, the kids, and Monica aka "Girl" had the privilege of attending the Utah State Fair. I, myself had a good old time. We ate fair food, rode the too expensive fair rides, bumped shoulders with the fair people, and caught some fair entertainment (lucky me.. it was Elvis Extravaganza night!) Unfortunately, we had babies that were getting a little impatient with the fair and we had to leave earlier than I would have liked. (Babies of all ages). But here's a few highlights of our fair experience.

7 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

So fun! There is just something about the State fair that is too fun! I have been to other states fairs and they are equally fun! I am glad you got out and had some fun! Love the quote you started with - that's great!

Monica said...

Who did you quote at the start of the post? Ha! That's awesome. The fair was so fun. The "Utah State Fair Dance" picture of you and Matt is hilarious. Good times!

Maria said...

I miss you guys so much! No fairs here in NYC...

Becky A said...

did you plan to be there on Elvis night? I love the quote, too. AND I think fair rides are too expensive.

Amy said...

I like your new background. Love the fair-- Especially when Elvis is involved.

Amy said...

P.S. I am planning to have a sentsy party in October. Guess I better call a sentsy girl...

Shaury said...

Our family loves the fair also, but things are crazy right now so we decided not to go this year. I'll just look at your fair pictures & pretend I was there with you OK?