Friday, August 29, 2008

1st Grade

Isaac started the first grade this week. He absolutely loves it! He loves having 3 recesses, he loves eating lunch at school, he loves walking a half a block with his bff Cooper to and from school, he loves that he gets home only an hour and a half before dad, and he loves his teacher Mrs. Halling because she doesn't yell.

This makes me think about when I was in the first grade. There's not a whole lot that I remember. I do remember bits and pieces from the first day. I remember crying because my mom put my
hair in pigtails and I didn't want her to do that because I wasn't a kindergartener anymore. I don't remember if I ended up going to school with the pigtails or not. I also remember being so nervous. But then there was this new girl, Jessica, and I thought she was probably more nervous than me. So I introduced myself and we became pretty good friends. I also remember taking a field trip to the zoo and I felt so cool because I was going somewhere far without my mom. I remember sitting in the very back of the class and liking it because then maybe the teacher wouldn't see me and call on me. That kind of stuff made me sooooo nervous. (Still does). These are about the only memories I can think of. Can anyone guess which one I am in my class picture below?

12 comments:

Diana said...

I'm clueless... I even in larged the picture but there are too many dark hair brown eyed girls. So I am going to show it to Kent since he knew you at this age and let him make a more educated guess. Fun idea to post your class picture:) Are you guys able to make it to the temple tonight? If so come over after for rootbeer floats.

Jenny Kapp said...

I think you are on the front row with a white shirt and red polka dot dress. It is hard to tell though! I remember loving 1st grade! Isaac was so cute telling me about school the other day. He is really having a great time! So cute!

Shaury said...

I know which one you are, ha ha! I'm glad Isaac is enjoying school. I don't remember a lot about 1st grade either. Kindergarten yes, but not so much of 1st grade. Weird

Becky A said...

oh aleesha, you cute little thing right next to shaury! I think it's funny that we all wore sunday dresses on picture day back then! Cute, cute, cute! and fun to see the others I recognize in that pic. too, like Keilee and Trisha, Mikell, etc. I'm glad Isaac is enjoying 1st grade! does luke miss him while he's gone?

Tiffany & Co. said...

I cannot figure out which one is you!!! It's driving me crazy! Do tell!

Diana said...

Kent picked you right out - pretty lucky you got to sit right next to your BF.

Diane B said...

Oh, you & Shaury were such cute first graders! Seems like just yesterday. Oh, I feel a song coming on: Where is that little girl I carried? When did she grow to be so tall...how quickly go the years. I love reading all your posts, new baby, SW days, school starting, etc. Where did the years go? How could that little girl I've always known be the mother of four? Your mother is watching over you I'm sure being proud as she always was of you. I'm sure you're still perfect in her eyes.
Love ya,
XO

Monica said...

I think you're the one in the red and white polka dot dress, first row. Is that right? I had to look at the picture for a while to try and figure it out. Ha! So funny. And I'm also so glad that Ms. Halling doesn't yell!

Maria said...

You are the one with Miss Maya's little nose!! I'm so excited for Isaac. I have a feeling he is going to be a really great helper to his teacher.

Luke and Mel said...

Aleesha, what is your first grade teacher's name? I swear she was my kindergarten teacher - Mrs. Bieshline (pardon the spelling). Thinking about it, she totally could, I didn't go to kindergarten until 1990!

jaclyn said...

cute little aleesha... yes i have those punches for the necklaces :)

Jeni said...

so...I haven't spied on you for a while...imagine my surprise to find that cute photo from elementary school! This is sad...I used to babysit some of those kids. I'm old.
I too have become a facebook freak...maybe we should send each other a friend invite? :)