
...always get me down.
Just a little while ago Luke asked me what was wrong?
"Wrong," I asked? "Nothing, why?"
"Cuz you look sad."
I guess I've been walking around looking like this. Well, that's because my BFF Shaury just confirmed that she's moving to Las Vegas with no plans of ever returning back home. What's up with that! I'll save the whole tribute to her for another post, because right now I'm to upset with her to say anything nice. I should be happy for her, and I guess I am, I'm just trying to process it all. While talking on the phone she asked me if I was sad, in a shocked kind of way. I fought back the tears and said of course I am!!! We've been best friends our whole lives (except for the 5 days she had to wait for me to be born). I'm really going to miss her. I have to admit that we've kind of slacked keeping in touch since we've had kids. (Those darn kids always get in the way). But that doesn't change how I feel about her. We've always had big plans of moving in together after our husbands die. I guess we can still plan on that. But I'm NOT moving to Las Vegas, so you'll have to come back to So. Weber when that happens Shaury!
And just a note to the rest of you out there... NO More moving away. First Matt's sister Melinda moves to Texas, then my mom leaves me, then my other best friend Tiffany moves to Montana, then Matt's other sister moves to New York, now this. No one else is allowed to move away.
Fourth of July fun.
12 years ago
12 comments:
Aleesha! You DO look sad! Wow,I know that is a really big deal for you about Shaury. All of my friends growing up were Air Force kids, so we were all used to saying goodbye really often. Vegas is really close, and I'm sure she will be visiting "home" really often.
By the way, I love the music on your blog. It makes me happy every time I visit.
Hey you!! Long time no see or talk to. this is Stacy (Stanger). I just found you and now I think I will stalk your blog. You are still as cute as ever!! And your kids...goodness gracious do they get any cuter?!
Sorry to hear about Shaury. I think it is so cool you guys still live in South Weber, I miss it. My parents aren't there anymore either.
Anyway, if you want into my blog send me an e-mail because I am private...stacy_uriona@hotmail.com
Leesha Leesha Leesha, I'm not dropping off the face of the earth. You know I'm a family girl & will probably be home every chance I get. We'll probably end up getting together more then we do now, & of course I wouldn't want you to move to Las Vegas when Matt & David die. We'll plan to live in South Weber, of course! I love you!!! Don't be sad, it makes me sad.
PS Please, no tribute necessary.
Oops, that was ME not David.
Quick Aleesha, do you have any contacts on the board of admissions at the U's medical school. Cause that's the only way Mel and I are going to be able to not leave when medical school starts calling... Please say you do!
I think I may need to come and bring your cookies if you are looking that sad today! That is the saddest face - I thought we weren't going to do that this winter!! I'm sorry about Shaury - she sure is cute!
Haha! Love the picture. That pout's almost as good as Miss Maya's after she was crowned Duchess. And I also love how you and Shaury have made plans to move into together after the husbands kick the bucket! Ha!
I'm hoping Shaury visits frequently, too. I keep reminding her of the things she will have to come back for.
So Sorry Aleesha! I know- change stinks, huh? But somehow it is usually good too. I am not sure how this one is though... sorry. Although it is no consulation--I promise not to move. :)
We are here to stay and can grow old together:) Saying goodbye is never fun, especially when it is your BFF (wow I knew you guys were super close but not just 5 days apart). I think it is so cool that your mom and Diane had all their babies together. Hang in there and enjoy the Sunshine today.
Oh Aleesha...we can cry together...again. I can't tell you how sad I am to see her move away! The only consolation I have is that they are so happy. You & I will have to take a trip to Vegas for a visit...that would be so fun! Your mom & I lived away from each other for 4 yrs. but we still talked on the phone constantly & visited each other often. We had so much fun when your family came to visit us in Idaho. Of course that was before you & Shaury were with us. I remember so well the day we called to suprise each other that we were pregnant only to find out we both were AGAIN! Then you two sweet things were born 5 days apart. Do you have the letter I wrote your mom the day you two were blessed?
OK...I could go on & on. I love you like my own.
XOXOXOXO
What the hell Jar Jar! Enough of this Matt dies thing! Just for that, I'm outliving you! You can bet on that, so just forget about this lesbian dream of yours, your not moving in with my wife.
Post a Comment