Saturday, April 19, 2008

Book Tag

Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Read the 5th sentence.
4. Post this sentence on your blog.
5. Tag 5 people.

The nearest book to me is not one that I'm currently reading. It is however a book that everyone should own. It is called South Weber, The Autobiography of One Utah Community. And here is my sentence...

One of those efforts was through the Public Works Administration (PWA).

I know, I know, it isn't the most amusing sentence. All it's talking about is the first time So. Weber got a public water system. BUT, I do love this book. Okay, maybe I don't love this book as much as I love what the book is about. I love South Weber! I was born and raised here, and as long as I have a say in it, I will live the rest of my days here. I am a homebody, and So. Weber is my home. When Matt and I were first married we lived in So. Ogden. And even though it's only a short ways away, I never felt truly at home. (Don't even get me started on when we lived in Tucson, AZ. Now that definitely wasn't home). So. Weber just feels good to me. I have a sense of comfort and belonging here. Now, there's very few things I get defensive about, but one of them is when people have something bad to say about So. Weber. So if you want to get on my bad side, that's how to do it.

5 comments:

laceemo3 said...

I agree So weber was the best place to grow up ever. Dont you think its funny how we all end up moving back. As for feeling like its home...It Is! Do you think it has something to do with the relation of half of us???LOL

Tiffany & Co. said...

Oops, I hope we haven't offended you in the past. Sorry if we did. So. Weber was probably a great place to live growing up. The wind was hard for me though. Has it always been so windy?

Aleesha said...

Tiff- No you have never offended me. And yes it's always been this windy. But I'm so use to it that it's one of those things that makes it feel like home for me.

Nicole said...

I just sent you an e-mail go take a look and what was up with that bridge e-mail. It never worked for me. I hope that doesn't mean something bad is going to happen to me.

Becky A said...

Hooray for South Weber! I'm with you, I'm offended when people say negative things about it. Home sweet home...