Mandy did a similar post to this a while ago and it was one of the funniest I had read in a long time. So when Isaac busted out something very similar just a while ago I thought I'd share it with ya'll. When you get done reading this I want to hear similar experiences. For some reason they just crack me up. Anyhow, on with the story.....
So, Isaac and I were discussing one day how all of our prophets live to be so old. Then he asked how old Joseph was when he died. I then told him all about how Joseph died at a younger age because some bad men didn't like him or our church and decided to kill him. Well, I could then see the wheels turning in his head and he then responded by saying, "It was Sid who killed Joseph Smith, right mom?" I was very confused by this. I told him I didn't know the names of the men who killed him. And he asked me if Joseph was the one who made the Book of Mormon. I said yes, kind of. So he told me that he knew the name of Joseph's killer was Sid then. Well, I'm not a scholar when it comes to church history so I was all ready to believe him. So I asked him if his primary teacher taught him that. He said no, it's in the song Scripture Power. And then he proceeded to sing it to me.....
"Scripture Power, keeps me safe from Sid."
So there you have it. Sid did it! For some reason I didn't have the heart to correct him. I love it when little kids sing the wrong words to songs. Come to think of it, I love it when adults sing the wrongs words too. It cracks me up.
Fourth of July fun.
12 years ago
5 comments:
That is one of the funniest! I'm not one to correct wrong words to songs, either. They'll figure it out someday, then they will have something to blog about when they're adults. :) Looks like we all went home and blogged after book club last night!
When I was in high school there was a cheer at all of the games that said "Go team, go go go team." I always thought it was "I drink my ovaltine." I could never figure out what drinking ovaltine had to do with winning games!!
So Funny! Watch out for Sid!
Does he know who killed JFK? One song I always sing incorrectly is
High on a Mountain Top, a banner is unfurled. I sing... High on a Mountain top a badger chased a squirrel. It drives Kent crazy, but it always makes me laugh.
Kids are so awesome, that's a great story
Post a Comment