So, I've heard of these things called birthday weeks, but I never thought I'd get to experience one personally. In the past, I've celebrated my birthday on February 19th, and February 19th only. But I told you guys I'm feeling good about turning 30, and here's proof in the pudding. I got to start off my new renewed way of life with a birthday week. For one week I did something to celebrate my 30th birthday. Here's a little snippet of my activities....On the 18th my gal pals took me out to eat, bowling, and then back to Amy's house for a night of games (I guess that's what you'd call what we did). It was a ton of fun! Thanks girls.
On the 19th (my actual b-day), my cousin Angelene came to visit me during the day (unbeknownst to her, it was my birthday :). That night Matt & the kids took me to Olive Garden to eat and then to Lowes to buy me a new chandelier for our kitchen. Anyone know of a cheap electrician that can install it?
On the 20th, us, the Wrens and the Reeds went to Ain't Misbehavin'. Good Singers-Terrible Show. We left at intermission and went to Spoon Me. I loved that. (I have pictures of that night, but they're on my phone and I don't know how to transfer them onto my computer.
On the 21st, I went to a Birthday Breakfast that our Relief Society hosts each month for all the birthdays that month. It was really yummy. My mouth is watering this very minute thinking about the berries that Wendy had for our waffles. I forgot my camera, so no pictures of this event.
On the 22nd, Matt's family got together and we ate dinner and had birthday cake and this yummy black raspberry ice cream. While there, Matt's youngest sister Melanie announced that she's pregnant. (I hope I'm allowed to announce this to everyone). I am so excited about this. Unfortunately, they'll be moving away this summer so Luke (Melanie's husband) can go to medical school. But you'll be back asap, right guys?!
And last but certainly not least, for the grand finale, Matt along with the Wrens took me to Las Vegas to see Cirque du Soleil. It was amazing to say the least. We saw Love, and now I'm dying to see the other shows they put on.
That whole mini vacation was quite the whirlwind. We got there early Monday, went to a breakfast/lunch buffet (one of the best breakfast buffets I've ever been to), went to the Titanic Exhibit (way cool-eery, but really neat), went to the Body Worlds Exhibit (interesting...I learned a lot about the human body. Not so sure I wanted to learn all I did though. ), checked in at the Trump hotel (the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in in my life. Thanks to priceline we got a good deal on a 5 star hotel), took a power nap on my feather bed, went to eat at the cheesecake factory (stuffed myself, but it of course was delicious), and then went to Cirque du Soleil. The next day we ate a complimentary breakfast at the Trump, thanks to the fact that our water turned off for a mere 1/2 hour and we had good old Wren with us to wheel and deal us a free breakfast. I never knew he was such a schmoozer. All in all this vacation was really fun. Thanks Matt for setting it up. And thanks Wrens for coming along. It wouldn't have been the same without you.
So, now my birthday week is over and I have to come back to reality. (Except for that birthday celebration that me and Shaury still have to go do. Our birthdays are 5 days apart, so we usually go out and celebrate together somehow.) Thanks everyone that made my birthday week so special!
Fourth of July fun.
12 years ago
14 comments:
still sad we couldn't make vegas happen! looks like it was a blast! yah for birthday weeks.
oops, not from hallie, but me!
I'm so happy you had such a fun week, but am almost in tears that I had nothing to do with it. Thanks for giving me a shout out at the end there.
And... I missed you terribly at book club!!! It wasn't fun at all without you.
Hi Leesh, I am so glad I got be part of you Birthday celebrations. Sorry I forgot it was the 19th. I will put in my phone and I will remember from now on. It looks like you had a lot of fun in Vegas. I would love to go see some shows there some time. I love you so much Leesh. (Thanks for the late Christmas present I have loved the book marks)
You picked the right show to see, Love is one of my favorites.
What a fun week! ALL birthday should be that fun!!!!
Hey, I was going to tell you yesterday that Maya's dress at church was to die for! She looked so cute!
Also if you still need that chandelier hung give me a holla....Jake would do it for $free.99!
Wow, sounds like you had an amazing birthday! You deserve it! I'm impressed with Matt, what a thoughtful husband...he could give Kenny a few tips ;) Is the Trump Hotel new? Also, where was Love?
Also, I totally forgot about Shakespear's Sister song Stay, until I just heard it on your blog. One of my favorites! I used to watch the music video over and over. Gotta love the 80s or was it early 90s? Great song!
Glad you finally got a birthday week!! Every girl should have one.. or more :)
P.S. You look great!!
Sounds like a fun filled week, for sure!
super super fun! You are sooooo lucky! That birthday cake looks delicious and beautiful...love the color!
Funny about the body world exhibit :) I've been wondering if my stomach could handle it.....
And what a fun idea to have a birthday breakfast in your ward!
Well, you deserve this awesome birthday! Congratulations...and here's to yours and Shaury's adventures!
ps...
those water skiing ladies are HOT!
I wanted to comment on the water skiing ladies, too. LOVE them!
I swear I left a comment days ago - it must of got lost in cyberspace... So glad you had an awesome birthday week. You deserve it - especially with all the hard work you put in for the ward party in additon to all your playing. You never cease to amaze me.
Post a Comment