Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thirty


Once upon a time, 30 years ago from this day, a blessing from above came to this earth. That's right, Aleesha Ivory Poll Merrill was born. From what I've been told, it's a miracle that I'm even here. After having four boys, dear old mom and dad were told they couldn't have any more children. So of course when I decided to surprise them and grace them with my presence it was a miraculous blessing. :) (Right dad?) I was mommy's pride and joy, and daddy's little girl. And now thirty years later, I can probably be safe to assume the same.

Now the purpose of this post isn't to let everyone know how blessed you are to have me in your life (you all already know that!).... I just feel very reflective today and I wanted to write a few thoughts down. Yesterday, when I was just a kid, I couldn't have been more ready to turn 30. I feel like my 20's were such a time of living and learning and finding out who I am. And to tell you the truth, I am so done with that! I'm ready for the more mature/knowledgeable/confident part of my life. I'm ready to be that person that I always dreamed I would be when I was a little girl. My 20's gave me the opportunity to figure all that out, now it's time to put it into action. So please don't tell me the 30's are the new 20's, because I'd rather not be 20 again. Don't get me wrong, a lot of wonderful things happened in my 20's, i.e. getting married to my fabulous Matt and having all four of my beautiful kids. I just have such a good feeling about the next portion of my life. I seriously have never had such a good out look on something. I'm feeling it!!!! So like I said, Bring it On!!

18 comments:

Maria said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have had a good day so far and you don't have to cook dinner tonight...hopefully...Love you!!

Jeni said...

Happy Happy Birthday Aleesha Dear. What an awesome post. You are just sooooo put together and on top of things.
And, speaking from personal experience, you will absolutely love the 30's.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Happy Birthday Aleesha!
I too think you will love your
30's......
I really enjoyed this post, it made me remember my feelings when I turned 30...I wasn't thrilled but looking back now had I known how great it would be I would've been so excited.
You have the song don't blink on here and that is mine and Jake's favorite song because the lyrics..so true!
Have a great day!!!!!!!!!

Ellie McFreaken said...

P.S. anybody that has Will Smith on their playlsit is a friend of mine!
Love HIM!!!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Oh GOOD GRIEF!!!!!! I was listening to MY playlist...not yours.....yep friends with myself I guess.
Only thing about the 30's I've lost a bit of the "smarties" I once acquired!

Shaury said...

Haaaaappy B-day Leesh. Nice optimistic post. Since I'm the older & wiser in our relationship I'll tell you that 30 is great, but unfortunately my maturity hasn't really taken hold yet. Maybe yours will. Now I'm going to call you & probably text you too. Luv ya girl!
PS Angie you crack me up!

Aleesha said...

angie- you threw me for a loop. I kept looking at my playlist wondering what song Will Smith sang. However, I too love, love, love Will Smith. I have to admit that I watch reruns of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air EVERY NIGHT. So I guess we can be friends again.

And thanks everyone for your birthday wishes. I love you all.

Moline Family said...

Happy Birthday! I was thinking about your birthday last night. I hope you have a wonderful day and your thirties are everything you dream they should be.
Jamie

Jenny Kapp said...

Wow, so mature in so little time! Oh what a difference a day makes!! Happy birthday!

Uriona Family said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope I handle turning 30 as well as you are. So far, i am not though...I am seeing the gray hairs come in and am thinking AHH!!! Am I really old enough for this?! You have got to be kidding me.

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Leesh, I loved talking with you today. Love a girl.

Becky A said...

Hope it was a wonderful day! Can I just say as I was writing Shaury's birthday post I wanted to add that it was like I had 2 little sisters my whole life...Love you, Leesh!

Aleesha said...

Way to make me cry Becky. Thanks though. That means a lot to me.

Jeni said...

ps...you were such a CUTE baby!

eliza said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!

I am so glad you wrote and I read this blog. My attitude about my birthday next week and being another year older has been pretty poor. Thanks for shedding a new light on "getting old". I feel a bit better about it now!

I hope your birthday was wonderful!

Tiffany & Co. said...

Happy Birthday! I totally agree with your outlook on your 30s. Good for you for embracing them! Love ya!

P.S. What a cute baby you were :)

Becky A said...

We missed you last night...

Melissa Cheney said...

Hey girl--I didn't realize that you any my sweet Cameron share the same birthday! Sorry I'm belated in wishing you a wonderful day. I loved reading your thoughts on life and hope that I can get MY act together sometime soon before my 30's come and go without much progress on that front. Thanks again for all your efforts on Sat. night--it was tons of fun!