
Well, the one year anniversary of my mom's death has come and gone. As a family we all went to the Ogden Temple. My dad, my brothers and their wives, my grandma, and my mom's brother and sisters were all there. It was so nice to be there with everyone. When I first got to the temple it was a very sad experience. I just couldn't stop thinking about how much I miss her, but as the session went on I began to feel better and better. By the end, I was still emotional, but the sadness wasn't as strong. By being there I was reminded that I will see her once again. She's happy and I need to continue to live my life worthily so that I'll be able to be with her again. After the temple everyone gathered at my dad's house and visited with each other. That's the first time in a long time that I've been at my parent's house with my family without kids there driving us crazy. It was delightfully nice.
During this past week I have thought a lot about my mom. One of my worst fears is that I'll forget her little quirky ways. There were so many small little things that made her the person she was. Like how she would send back her french fries at every fast food restaurant if they weren't warm enough. Or she would have to get the seat (no matter where we were) that faced the crowd of people so she could stare at them. I don't want to forget all these funny little things and I want my kids to know her for who she really was. If anyone has any memories like these please share them with me in the comments. I would love to read them & be reminded of my dear mom.
Fourth of July fun.
12 years ago
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a special day on Saturday! So nice you could be with your family in the temple. Your mom sounded like quite the lady! I wish I could have known her before she passed. I feel like I already know her from what you've told me.
I like those flashy red cowboy boots you wear in honor of her. Very fun!
Love ya!
I loved your moms laugh. She was always smiling and telling all of us how good we are. I know you felt like she was your biggest supporter as her daughter, but she made everyone who had contact with her feel that way also. I hope you know I have learned a lot from her passing. I have really learned to cherish the time I get with my parents. Losing Lana has helped me to express my love more and enjoy more the time I have with my family. I loved your mom and miss her at least once a month! Thanks for sharing her with me too.
Post a Comment