Sunday, November 11, 2007

Maya's 1st Birthday!!!

Maya's first birthday was yesterday. Out of all three kids, this one has been the weirdest. She's still my baby girl. She's not old enough to be celebrating her birthday yet.
We celebrated by having family come over for dinner and cake & ice cream. Grandma & Grandpa Merrill, Girl (Monica), and Melanie came. Grandpa Poll was going to come, but then got asked to go to the Jazz Game. And of course, if you give my dad a choice out of a birthday party and a ballgame, we all know which one he is going to choose.

Here's a few highlights from the big party.


Maya's cake
Maya loved her cake! I think that's the fastest I've ever seen a baby eat a cupcake.

Maya and her gifts. And in keeping true to being a girl she got pure clothes! I love it!
(I did buy her a really cute rug-on eBay of course- but it hasn't arrived yet)
(She also got a baby doll from Aunt Melanie, but it was MIA when I took these pics.)Notice the cute eBay out fit in the left corner



Maya and her mommy

Maya and her daddy

I made some barrettes for Maya for her birthday. I think this was her most favorite gift. Not because she likes to wear barrettes, but because she liked to take them out of the bag and then put them back in. That was the funnest game in the world.

3 comments:

Tiffany & Co. said...

Aleesha,

That cupcake cake is soooooo adorable!!! Did you make it yourself? Maya looks so dang cute in that outfit! Where did you get it? I'm loving all the pink on her party day. What a good little mama you are!

Monica said...

The party was so fun Leesh. And yes, the cupcake cake was awesome!

Aleesha said...

Yes I made the cupcake cake. I love making my kids birthday cakes! Thanks for your comments guys. You guys are so nice.