My 31st birthday has come and gone. It was a nice birthday this year. It was pretty laid back.
I got a few early presents before my birthday even rolled around. Matt came home early a few days before and gave me some gift certificates and told me to go shopping for some birthday clothes. I gladly obliged. And Diane gave me one of the best birthday presents I think I've ever gotten. She had a few letters that my mom had sent her when she was about my age. She got them all together, copied them, and put them in a book for me. She had remembered me saying awhile ago that I have all sorts of questions of what she was like when she was my age that I never thought to ask her when she was alive. These letters gave me such insight as to what she was like. I have read them over and over and over. It's fun to see how alike we are, and to have a little glimpse of what her personality was like. The mom that is fresh in my mind is my sick mom. These letters let me see her in a different light. I truly treasure these letters.
On the day of my actual birthday I started off by being woken up bright and early by Isaac and Luke. They had made me a surprise breakfast (cereal, yogurt, taffy, and homemade cards). They were so proud of themselves. After I got the kids off to school, me, Rocky, and Maya went shopping and to lunch at Chick-fil-a with the birthday money my dad gave me. I got myself a vinyl chair thing that you put on the wall (it's cuter than it sounds), and some cute black flats. Later that night Matt and I went and did sealings at the temple with our ward. After that just the two of us went to dinner at the Olive Garden. When we got home, after much anticipation (on Maya's part), the kids sang happy birthday to me.
I got a few early presents before my birthday even rolled around. Matt came home early a few days before and gave me some gift certificates and told me to go shopping for some birthday clothes. I gladly obliged. And Diane gave me one of the best birthday presents I think I've ever gotten. She had a few letters that my mom had sent her when she was about my age. She got them all together, copied them, and put them in a book for me. She had remembered me saying awhile ago that I have all sorts of questions of what she was like when she was my age that I never thought to ask her when she was alive. These letters gave me such insight as to what she was like. I have read them over and over and over. It's fun to see how alike we are, and to have a little glimpse of what her personality was like. The mom that is fresh in my mind is my sick mom. These letters let me see her in a different light. I truly treasure these letters.
On the day of my actual birthday I started off by being woken up bright and early by Isaac and Luke. They had made me a surprise breakfast (cereal, yogurt, taffy, and homemade cards). They were so proud of themselves. After I got the kids off to school, me, Rocky, and Maya went shopping and to lunch at Chick-fil-a with the birthday money my dad gave me. I got myself a vinyl chair thing that you put on the wall (it's cuter than it sounds), and some cute black flats. Later that night Matt and I went and did sealings at the temple with our ward. After that just the two of us went to dinner at the Olive Garden. When we got home, after much anticipation (on Maya's part), the kids sang happy birthday to me.
Later on in the month a few of us girl friends had a girls night out to celebrate the birthdays that are all close together. We each brought one of our favorite things and exchanged them with each other. We also played Just Dance until our dancing shoes were all wore out. It was a REALLY fun night. I'm still waiting for someone to actually give me a challenge at that game though. (Maria, you're my only hope girl!) I schooled everyone! Except for on the song Eye of the Tiger. But to my defense I don't think dancing was involved in that song. It was a bunch of punching and stretching. And guess who won on that song? That's right, Kim, the jock of the group.
All in all it was a fabulous birthday. I always feel so loved with all the presents and birthday wishes. I was thinking how nice technology is because it has made it so we're able to keep in touch better. I got all sorts of texts, e-mails, and happy birthdays on facebook from people that normally wouldn't say anything. On a side note, on facebook several people mentioned they want to know how I stay looking so young. Well, here's a little tip for ya'll..... You start off by looking like your 12 when you're 16. Then when you're 20, you look like you're still in high school. By the time you're 30, you're just hitting your 20's. It's a blessing and a curse. :) So anyway, Happy (belated) Birthday to me!
5 comments:
watch out girl...my dancing is getting better! :)
it really was just a bunch of stretching and punching...but i dont care - - i was happy to win one! that was fun! this game went on my bday wish list. and it really isnt fair how young you look...i am counting white hairs already!
You look darling in all those pictures! Your hair is SO long! It grows fast, you are lucky. Looks like a great birthday. I"m glad you did some nice things, you so deserve it. Wish I could have been there to help you celebrate. Love you!
Loved hearing and reading about your sweet mom's letters from Diane. I know you'll treasure them forever. Kent fondly remembers your mom in her younger years and always admired how she never missed a game.
That picture of you and Maya is so cute! Glad you had a good bday. And yeah, a dance off is definitely in order once Maria gets into town!
Post a Comment