My brother T recently found out that he now has cancer in is liver and in his hip bone.
The only reason I'm even posting this is: 1- The more prayers and fasting on his behalf, the better, and 2- I need some sort of an outlet. I hope T isn't reading this because I know how he hates the fact that his situation affects other people. But he's my brother, I love him, and of course it's going to affect me! I find myself going through the motions of the day, with a gnawing yucky feeling constantly eating away at me. Last night my friend Kim gave me the CD Peace Like A River by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and I'm so thankful to her for that. The words in some of those songs are just perfect, and the feeling that that music brings into the home is exactly what I needed. It also gave me a great reminder of where my focus needs to be. Our family has seen our dear Heavenly Father create miracles for us, now I just need to keep the faith that it can happen again, and again if needed. It's hard to comprehend why this is all happening. And it's hard not knowing what the outcome is going to be. I guess that's where faith really comes in. I need to have faith that everything is going to work out okay. I have a sign in my kitchen that says, "Faith makes things possible, not easy." Boy is that ever true!
Fourth of July fun.
12 years ago
4 comments:
Hold fast to the feeling you had in your New Years Day Post: "That 2010 is gonna be a good year!" We will all keep praying for the miracles. I love you Aleesha! When I got home this morning I kicked myself for not wrapping my arms around you and giving you a great big hug. I'm so sorry, hang in there girl. [We're still on for Monday if Isaac is up for it.]
I can't even imagine how your family deals with all of this. You all have been such a good example of how to be faithful. We are praying for you all and if you ever need anything please let me know.
Love Casey
Your brother is a fighter and he will overcome yet another trial of cancer! There is a reason he's being tested and preserved. Keep the faith! Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. xxo!
Oh no! Sometimes when life keeps throwing us curves, it can be sooo discouraging. You are such a good example of a good faithful attitude. Hang in there. My prayers are with you and T and the whole family.
Post a Comment