Thursday, July 9, 2009

Birthday Baby

My baby turned one on July 3rd and I'm not quite sure how to feel about it. It's exciting to think that all that hard baby stuff is behind me. The sleepless nights, the nursing, the strict sleeping schedules, etc. etc. But he's my baby! Only your own baby can make you tear up just over hearing their little coos and seeing them smile at you. I've got to say I've enjoyed him as a baby more than any of my other kids. I guess a lot of moms do that. Knowing that he's my last I hold on to and cherish every little thing he does. I just can't imagine any other baby as cute as Rocky. And I've said this before, but sometimes I look at him and feel sorry that other mom's don't have a little baby Rocky of their own. So to say the least I love this little guy, and I couldn't imagine not having him in our family. He's tough, he gets embarrassed easy, he gives the best hugs, he's fascinated by life, he's got the cutest giggle, he LOVES food, he throws things exceptionally good, he likes to slap his daddy in the face, he's a fast roller, and he's a mama's boy! How can you not like this kid. Happy Birthday Rocky!













9 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

He does have a really cute smile. Such a happy little guy!

Monica said...

I also feel very sorry for all those other moms out there who don't have a baby like Rocky. He's such a precious little/big guy. And yeah, it just doesn't get any better than when he pimp slaps Matt across the face.

Shaury said...

Happy birthday Rocky! Cute pictures, & I love that you decorated his high chair for the occasion.

Maria said...

Baby Rock!! I can't believe he is so big. Those pictures are so cute and I love there are several. I need to see more pictures!! I also would like to request some video footage. Maybe even some interviews. I'm just sayin.....

Diane B said...

That little bald head reminds me of his mommy when she was that age.

Melinda said...

Baby Rocks! He is such a sweet little guy. Did anyone else notice that Matt and Rocks has the exact same expression in picture 5. crazy...anyway Congrats on your first year big guy! We love you!

Tiffany & Co. said...

He is SO cute! He's really grown up since the last time I saw him. Look at all his teeth! I love his huge brown eyes, what a little stud!

Jeni said...

Oh my word, he is adorable!
Happy Birthday Baby Rocky!

Becky A said...

I seriously can not believe he is one! that has been the fastest year from birth to age 1 that I have ever known..It seems like he was just born! WOW!
He is a cute boy...