Tuesday, January 27, 2009

These Boots Are Made For Walking


Nearly a year ago I did a post on my slipper collection. I guess it's time to do a post on my boot collection. I don't love my boots nearly as much as I love my slippers, but I do love the look of boots. I think they make a bold statement and add so much personality to an outfit. So far I've got Luke and Maya on my side with the boot wearing. There's no way Isaac will be caught dead in them, and Matt.... well, he's Matt. He did wear boots to our Wild West Ward BBQ last summer, so I guess I've gotta give him props for that.

So starting in the top left corner are probably my least worn pair of boots. I bought them from Payless years and years ago. And that's all I have to say about them.

My next pair are my cowboy boots that my sister-in-law Maria gave to me. When she was moving to New York she had to condense her luggage load, so I became the proud owner of several pairs of her shoes. These cute boots were included. Thanks Maria. I love them!!!

The red pair are my moms boots. She bought these boots at the D.I. and wore them ALL THE TIME. I remember that she would roll her pants up so that you could see the boots a little better. I tried to convince her that rolling your pants "high water" style wasn't really the fashion these days. But of course my mom did what my mom wanted to do. And she wanted her boots to be seen.

The furry brown pair are probably my favorite. I bought them on clearance in a magazine a couple of years ago for way cheap. (For some reason, if I find a pair of shoes for a really good deal, I think they're even cuter). These are so warm and so dang cute. Unfortunately there aren't many opportunities that I'm able to wear them.

The last pair on the top row I probably wear the most. They're my black pointy toed half boots. I feel like you can throw these babies on and they'll really dress up the outfit. And if they look a little familiar to you that's because these were the very boots that were sticking out under Dorothy's house at the Little Miss Pageant two years ago.

The whole bottom row of boots are my kids. All the boy boots are Luke's. For some reason he really likes to wear cowboy boots. He thinks that's what you're suppose to wear to church. Aunt Melinda supplied us with the first two pairs and Grandma Merrill gave us the last two.

The little girl pair of boots are obviously Maya's. I don't know if she really likes to wear boots, or if she just likes them because they're called "Boots." You know how she loves her Dora.

8 comments:

Monica said...

I really like the look of boots as well. I've nearly bought a pair for myself at least a few times, but I always chicken out before making it too the register...You're right, they make a bold statement, so I guess I need to be a bit more bold.

Jenny Kapp said...

Oohh! I really like boots too! I am not very good at deciding when I can wear them though. I guess I need advice!

Becky A said...

great post, aleesha. at first I thought all the boots were yours, and it struck me as a little odd that you had so many cowgirl boots...thank goodness I read the post. I have a couple kids that have an attraction to boots, too.

Jeni said...

love your boots, aleesha. I've got my eye on a pair, and I keep thinking to myself...should I...shouldn't I...this post is definitely pushing me towards the should :).

Tiffany & Co. said...

I love boots too! I've always been fond of you wearing your mom's red boots. Too cute!

Shaury said...

Wow impressive boot collection. If I remember right my mom was on a cowboy boot kick when your mom got her red ones. Silly mom's always thinking they're SO cool.

Diane B said...

I recognized your mom's red boots before I read the post...yes, she LOVED those boots! Many times she would say to me...let's wear our boots! Fun times!

Amy said...

aleesha- what a cute post! I love that you can wear your moms boots. My mom and I wear different sizes. It is so great that you have little connections like that.