Thursday, January 19, 2012

Word

For the past two years I have taken the advise from a friend and have chosen a Word of the Year. This word is something that I want to incorporate into my life to make me a better person that I repeat in my mind over and over. 2010 was Courage. 2011 was Breath. And now for 2012 my word is:

Perspective

When it comes to others problems I am really good at taking it all into perspective. I can see things clearly and usually have some good advise to give. But when it comes to my own trials, I have a little bit of a harder time being rational about it. I usual make mountains out of mole hills and blow things way out of proportion. If I could only just apply that same perspective I have for others into my own life, what a wonderful world this would be!! The thing is, it's all good and easy to say and write out, but when those trials, or arguments, or unexpected events happen, all my logic goes out the window. Woe is me!! I stew and torment myself, or negatively react to these situations instead of taking a step back to see the situation as it really is. I want to have a better attitude when it comes to problems. It's like the 90/10 Principle. 10% of life is made up of what happens to us. 90% is made up of how we react to it. My reactions can completely turn my life around. This one word can be a game changer in my life. If I can change my attitude positively and really put things into perspective in all aspects of my life, I think I just might achieve that genuine happiness that I've been searching for.

0 comments: