Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Turducken Day

I've been in a blogging rut lately. I'm not really feeling it, so I'm really behind. And why is it that I feel like I have to blog about everything? If I take a picture of something, I have to blog about it. Hmmm, maybe that's something that needs evaluating in my life.

Anyhow, Thanksgiving was wonderful. Me, Matt, the kids, and my dad had a nice Thanksgiving at my house. We stuffed ourselves, took naps, went and saw Tangled, then played some board games. It was a really nice day!

Maya making stuffed mushrooms.

The Feast


The Pie!


The Cleanup


The Naps


The Games

And now, I've saved the best for last! This year Matt insisted (and I mean INSISTED) on making a turducken this year for Thanksgiving. For those of you that haven't familiarized yourselves with this massive bird, it's a chicken that's stuffed into a duck which is then stuffed into a turkey. Matt had his heart set on it, so I told him he was more than welcome to make it. So, by popular demand, here is a little slide show of "The Turducken!" Who knew this would be the topic of discussion wherever we go?!




5 comments:

Uriona Family said...

So, how was the Turdunken? was it worth all that work? It looks like it would have taken a long time just to get it ready to cook!

Monica said...

Oh my gosh, the turducken (or how I like to say it, the turdunken) looks like it was a lot of work, but it turned out beautifully. That picture of Matt grossing out Maya and Luke with the stuffed turducken is hilarious...or at least it looks like they're pretty grossed out!

Aleesha said...

Oh, yes. They're grossed out! But of course Matt insisted on them looking at it all up close and personal.

Tiffany & Co. said...

Did you invite John Madden over? Kenny wants to do. But, Matt, super impressed by your culinary skills!

Tiffany & Co. said...

I meant to say...Kenny wants to know. Also, I love your Fall family pics, they look great!