Two of my major responsibilities that I've been involved with have come and gone. And can I just say, HALLELUJAH!!! I like to be involved with things and everything, but this past month has been more than hectic. Talk about when it rains it pours! The first major thing I was in charge of was Reflections at the elementary. I thank my lucky stars that I had a good committee that helped me majorly through this. All in all, it went really well. Both my boys won awards in both the categories that they entered. I told them that I wasn't going to help them at all this year, so if they wanted to enter it was up to them. Isaac wrote an awesome story about four friends that got their black belts in karate and had to work together to fight off the bad guys. He also entered a really good clay octopus that he had already made for a class project. Luke drew a picture of little men/apples/circles (I still don't know what they were) holding hands surrounding the world. And then he constructed a dinosaur 3D art thingy. (you can see it in the picture below on the left side). Luke's artist statement on his entry form cracked me up. He said, "If we don't work together it will be really hard to find all the dinosaur bones." So true Luke, so true.
The second thing I was involved with that is now over was the Primary Program. I'm the Primary Chorister in our ward so I've been working hard to get this together. I think that it went really good and I'm so proud of all the kids. To tell ya the truth I was a little nervous going into it. I didn't know what to expect from the kids. The practice we had the day before didn't run very smoothly, so I wasn't sure how it was all going to go. But thankfully, everyone pulled it off really well. I gotta say though, it's good to have it off my check list.
Miss Maya has been working hard for the past four months (?) trying to earn stickers so she can get a pillow pet. Well, two days before her birthday she finally earned enough! So it is with great honor that I am here to announce the newest member of our family, Buddy, the Pillow Pet.
And lastly, my precious girl turned 4! Can anyone remember last year's post about Maya's birthday? If not, let me remind you..... there were a lot of pictures of Maya screaming and crying. This year it's quite the opposite. She warned me that she was going to be a big girl when she turned four, but I wasn't expecting her to really follow through with it. It was pure smiles and happiness from her all day long. She requested to have a Pinkalicious birthday (from the book), so I gladly obliged. We ate pink pancakes and pink milk for breakfast. I bought her a Pinkalicious dress that she wore all day. And she had her very first friend birthday party where her guests were asked to wear as much pink as they could. So, after hosting several parties for my boys and seeing how they and their friends act, I was expecting a chaotic house full of screaming little girls. I was actually pleasantly surprised by how sweet they were. They listened, they had good manners, they weren't rowdy, they were angels! I like this whole girl thing more and more each day :)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Maya! Good job earning your pet! Aleesha - thanks so much for all your hard work on the program with the songs. We really felt the spirit through the testimony shared. It was a great Sunday!
Wow! You have been busy. What a great mom you are. Maya's party looks so fun. I love that book. We had a pinkalicious party for Abbi last year- but we didn't have such a cute outfit or pink crowns. How fun!
what's up with the pillow pets? cade wants one badly. glad you got a few major things behind you. i think it's time to play! :)
Maya looks darling in her pictures. Much better than last year. The picture at breakfast I thought Rocky was Luke. I kept thinking it must be an old picture, but couldn't figure out why Maya looked old but Luke looked young! I love little girls!
Post a Comment