One thing that sometimes annoys me is when people come across something good and then they try to keep it a secret so no one knows it but them. I hate it when people won't share recipes or the details of how they made a certain crafty project. And why not? Does it take anything away from you to share in the goodness? I think not! So, with that being said, I have come across a few websites that I thought were wonderful and want to share and pass along.
The first one is www.commonsensemedia.org. I have loved this website! It basically puts a rating on what is appropriate and not appropriate for all different types of media out there for our kids. They rate movies, books, t.v. shows, websites, video games, and even music. You can see things that they recommend, things parents recommend, and things that kids recommend. You can also filter things by age appropriate. My favorite though is when you find something that you want to find their review on, it's a very in depth review. For example, Iron Man 2 just came out on DVD and a few of Isaac's friends at school have seen it. So Isaac asked if he could see it. It's PG-13, so I immediately told him no and of course he began to whine and ask why not. So we came to this website and I showed him why not. It says there is a lot of violence, including a hanging and lots of other deaths from explosions. There are women dressed provocatively. There is swearing and it lists all the swear words they use. And there are several instances with drinking involved and people getting drunk. After we looked it up, the case was closed and he didn't ask why he couldn't see it any more. This is definitely a good website to use as a resource when it comes to our kids. Go check it out.
My second favorite website find is www.eshakti.com. Again, I love this website. It is a clothing website that allows you to alter their clothing. For example, if you love one of their dresses but just wish it came a little lower below the knee, they'll do it for ya! If you love a dress, but wish it had sleeves, they'll put them on for ya! All you have to do is just pay $7.50 more to have them altered. Another great thing about this site is the fact that the clothes are so dang cute!! They are very original and have such a unique style. As for the pricing, the shirts are a bit over priced, but the dresses are reasonable. They range from about $50-$100. This is the dress that I want to put some sleeves on and get. Isn't it so cute?!!
And last but not least, www.favfamilyrecipes.com. This is a recipe site. For the past month I have been incorporating at least 2 recipes a week from this site and not once have we been disappointed. Everything is super easy to make, the recipes are what normal people eat, and most importantly their very tasty. Another fun thing they do on this site, is they have recipes for a lot of knock offs. They have recipes for Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana, Cafe Rio's Sweet Pork Burritos, Pizza Factory Breadsticks, and many many more. So if you're in a meal planning rut, go check out this site for some ideas. You won't be disappointed.
The first one is www.commonsensemedia.org. I have loved this website! It basically puts a rating on what is appropriate and not appropriate for all different types of media out there for our kids. They rate movies, books, t.v. shows, websites, video games, and even music. You can see things that they recommend, things parents recommend, and things that kids recommend. You can also filter things by age appropriate. My favorite though is when you find something that you want to find their review on, it's a very in depth review. For example, Iron Man 2 just came out on DVD and a few of Isaac's friends at school have seen it. So Isaac asked if he could see it. It's PG-13, so I immediately told him no and of course he began to whine and ask why not. So we came to this website and I showed him why not. It says there is a lot of violence, including a hanging and lots of other deaths from explosions. There are women dressed provocatively. There is swearing and it lists all the swear words they use. And there are several instances with drinking involved and people getting drunk. After we looked it up, the case was closed and he didn't ask why he couldn't see it any more. This is definitely a good website to use as a resource when it comes to our kids. Go check it out.
My second favorite website find is www.eshakti.com. Again, I love this website. It is a clothing website that allows you to alter their clothing. For example, if you love one of their dresses but just wish it came a little lower below the knee, they'll do it for ya! If you love a dress, but wish it had sleeves, they'll put them on for ya! All you have to do is just pay $7.50 more to have them altered. Another great thing about this site is the fact that the clothes are so dang cute!! They are very original and have such a unique style. As for the pricing, the shirts are a bit over priced, but the dresses are reasonable. They range from about $50-$100. This is the dress that I want to put some sleeves on and get. Isn't it so cute?!!

And last but not least, www.favfamilyrecipes.com. This is a recipe site. For the past month I have been incorporating at least 2 recipes a week from this site and not once have we been disappointed. Everything is super easy to make, the recipes are what normal people eat, and most importantly their very tasty. Another fun thing they do on this site, is they have recipes for a lot of knock offs. They have recipes for Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana, Cafe Rio's Sweet Pork Burritos, Pizza Factory Breadsticks, and many many more. So if you're in a meal planning rut, go check out this site for some ideas. You won't be disappointed.
7 comments:
okay...how do you find these? I am in love with all three already! and yes, thanks for sharing...i too love it when people share their secrets...you are still my hair hero! thanks!
Ooo laa laa - thanks for sharing. I can't wait to pass on the clothing site to my sisters in Japan and Mexico, where their shopping selection is so limited. They are going to be so very excited. Now I will share a good deal with you - http://www.raymonddesigns.com/
Take a quick look if you're interested in Temple artwork, the sale ends Oct. 31st. Perfect timing for Christmas presents.
Sister,
I love, love, love, your little secrets. Feel free to check out some of my fav's. ESPN.com or MLB.com I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Enjoy. Love ya. When are we going to lunch?
That clothing site sounds awesome!
I LOVE zuppa!! I am going to use the movie website since I get the PG13 movies question from Emma alot. I am always surprised when she tells me which friends were able to watch certain PG13 movies.
As to your question about people who don't share secrets about how they cook some recipes. I have been guilty of this myself, but only with choc chip cookies. My answer is because it's probably the only thing I can do that everyone else can't. Not that everyone can't make good cookies, just that these are my signature, something people remember about me. I like that when some people are down, they request my cookies to cheer them up. It wouldn't be the same if everyone else could make them like me. I admit it's purely selfish :)
And btw, Steven makes me laugh!
Hey Aleesha, I love your "blob" hehehe! Thanks for the inside scoop on some of your fave websites. I'll definitely be checking out the recipes website as I'm currently in a serious rut for dinner ideas!
Post a Comment