Friday, October 15, 2010

Door of Happiness

So I've been hesitant as to whether I should advertise this on my blog or not. But after thinking about it I've decided that I'm amongst friends who won't judge me and will still love me no matter what. (I hope) Are you just dying to know what I'm about to reveal?

Well, as all of you already know both my mom and brother have passed away. With both of these events combined I have seen a change in me that I don't like. I have dealt with every emotion possible, but on a large, unwelcome scale. I'm sure a lot of you know that it's been hard for me, but I'm pretty sure nobody (not even my husband) knows what it's done to me on the inside. I deal with a constant battle of putting on a painted smile and going through the motions of what is expected of me. Well, I've gotten to a point that I'm sick of feeling and acting this way. I want to be happy. And not only happy, I want to be genuinely happy. I've tried antidepressants and I had a hard time dealing with the side effects, so I decided to research how to be happy without those meds. Amongst my search I have found countless lists and ideas of things to try, soooo....

I decided to start a website. It's basically my journey as I try these countless techniques and ideas. So far this website has already helped me. I've been given purpose in something that I'm interested in. And I'm hoping that maybe in my journey I can also help someone else. Just thinking about that makes me feel good.

So (I say the word so a lot) the reason for my posting this is because one of the tips that I've read is to rely on friends to help lift, comfort, and help you through trials. I'm assuming that if you're reading my blog I can consider you a friend. So (there it is again) by putting myself out there and opening myself up I'm allowing those around me into my life to help. No pressure though. I was thinking helping by leaving nice comments & encouragement and stuff like that. Not everyone needs to be calling me to ask how I'm doing every day only to hear my fake, "I'm doing good, thanks :)!" So (I can't help saying it now) come on over to my new website, and leave a nice comment!

www.doorofhappiness.com

5 comments:

Kim said...

Love this Aleesha. And love you! You truly are an example to me and I know you help others in more ways than you realize.

Diana said...

Hey girl - I definately will be one of your faithful readers. It makes me sad to see you hurting, but I love how determined you are to be happy and that makes me happy. You've been busy developing your own website - it looks agreat and I love the name. I'm proud of you; I totally agree with what Kim said- you help others in more ways than you realize. Have a GREAT Day.

Nicole said...

Your stronger than you think you are. The website is a great idea and know you have lots of friends that will do anything for you so dont be afraid to ask.

Uriona Family said...

What a fabulous idea. I can't wait to look at it. I know things have been rough for you but you hide it well so I am glad you will have an outlet for all that you are going through.

I love you!

We need to get together one of these days.

Jeni said...

Aleesha. I just wanted to tell you thanks for leaving a comment the other day on my blog. I know it wasn't much, but it made my day. I don't care what anyone says...comments are the BEST.
I will definitely check out your new website.
Sending you love,
Jeni