Lou Lou turned 7 last week! There was no question or contemplating on what the theme of his birthday was going to be. He wanted a karate birthday! I'm so glad too, because it was so much fun to plan. I've always had a soft side for anything Oriental, so I was able to tap into that passion while planning his party.
The decorating was super fun to do. I made signs in Japanese writings and put them all over the house. And I hung Oriental lanterns & balloons all over.
When the kids arrived I put a karate headband on them and then we ate lunch, which consisted of: chopsticks, Ramen Noodles (it doesn't get any more Oriental than that), fried rice, sweet and sour chicken, spicy cheetos, fruit PUNCH (you get it, punch.. karate... punch), and fortune cookies.
After lunch we went to different training stations to earn our black belts.
Station #1: "Obstacle Course"- to test your agility & karate skills
Station #2- "Block & Dodge"- using your awesome karate skills, you have to dodge or block stuffed animals as they were being thrown at you.
Station #3- "Meditation"- you had to sit cross legged with your hands in meditation position while someone had to stand in the middle and try to make everyone laugh. If you laugh, you're out!
Station #4- "Karate Block Chopping"- use your new found meditation skills to chop pieces of wood (styrofoam).
After the training stations we ate a little cake. (Thanks Amy for your guidance in making this).
We had some time to kill at the end, so we played freeze dance/karate to Kung Fu Fighting. (hilarious!!)
All the boys were very impressive with their skills and were awarded their well deserved black belts. I don't know about you, but I would not be messin' with these boys!
Happy Birthday to one of the coolest kids I know!!
6 comments:
Seriously so cute! I want you to plan all of my birthday parties too! I like kung foo too!
What an awesome party!!! I have to say I love the last picture of the boys and then off to the side little Maya, fierce as can be striking her pose. Watch out boys! Aw...kids grow up so fast!
I love all the stations- you are very clever my friend. Glad to see you got good use out of the head bands at "Anything Goes". Can't wait to see those pictures and the 5k. You've been busy!
OH, okay. No wonder Coop was sporting that headband for days afterwards. that DID look like a cool party!
And that cake looked awesome. you're so creative!
I wouldn't expect anything less from "the best chinese lady ever!" Those are great pictures. Brooksie LOVED the chopping blocks. I'm so glad him & Luke are the same age so he's involved in Aunt Aleesha's finest moments. I'm still laughing about you talking to Dad about Grandma's b-day party. You are turning into your mother!!!
Looks like great fun! I'm gonna have to be a copy cat after all of your fabulous ideas. Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment