My favorite time of year has come and gone. I love So. Weber Country Fair Days!! I love getting together with the community and all the events that are put on. We started off the week by going to the Chuck Wagon Dinner and Let's Make a Deal. No luck this year getting on stage :( It probably wouldn't have mattered if they called our names anyways because Maya threw a huge fit and we left early. Next we went to the much anticipated Kid K. This has always been a big deal to my boys. Ever since Isaac has been in it he has gotten a medal. And ever since Luke has been in it he hasn't gotten a medal. This year the roles were reversed. Isaac barely didn't place, and Luke came in first place in his age group. I'm so glad it happened this way. Luke is such a humble, grateful kid and has always been so happy for Isaac. And I'm not saying that Isaac isn't a grateful kid, I'm just saying a lesson in humility every once in a while is a good thing.
Cruisin' Cousins
Cruisin' Cousins
Another much anticipated event is the Adult Anything Goes. As always this was a blast!! Our team jumped from 3rd to the last in previous years to 4th place this year! We were so proud of ourselves for moving up in rank. Next year, the podium!!
Matt and I ran in the Richard Bouchard Memorial Run. Originally, I told Matt to sign me up for the 2 mile walk. I have a lot of confidence in my speed walking abilities. But Matt decided that he had more confidence in my running abilities, so he signed me up for the 5K. I'm glad he did though cuz I got to run with some of my girly friends.
After the race, we watched the parade and then went to the park (ALL DAY) for all the festivities. Isaac participated in the Kid's Anything Goes and had a blast. It was a fun eventful CFD's!
5 comments:
I can't believe I didn't see you guys at anything. And why didn't you do the rodeo? That's our family favorite.
I was wondering why we didn't see you guys too Shaur. And as for the rodeo, my kids are a little hesitant when it comes to animals. From far away their great, but being up close and personal with them is another story.
It's a good thing Matt signed you up for the 5k - next year it will be the 10k:) How's the knee?
You are awesome...good job on the running and good job Luke too.
Yay Lukie!!! He is such a sweet kid. I'm glad he won 1st too. Good for Matt getting the bronze and you for running the 5k. I have a feeling I'll be walking by myself for the 2k next year :p
Post a Comment