I'm not sure if a funeral can be good, but I feel like when it comes to funerals, Travis' was a good one. No one deserves such a wonderful tribute as my brother T. All my brothers did an amazing job, and I truly felt the spirit lifting me up so that I might be able to deliver my talk. Now it's on to the next step of this whole ordeal. 

A lot has happened in the past week and I feel like I need to rewind a bit and write about all the wonderful men in my life.
Travis' 36th birthday was the day after he passed away. I know it was hard for Mandy to know what to do, but throwing him a party to celebrate his life was perfect! It was the perfect setting, with the perfect people. I was surrounded by family and some of Travis & Mandy's close friends. We sang Happy Birthday and then all of the kids let off 36 balloons up into the heavens for Travis to enjoy. After that we ate cake and the kids played wiffleball. Considering the circumstances, I felt it was the perfect way to honor and celebrate T.
Travis' 36th birthday was the day after he passed away. I know it was hard for Mandy to know what to do, but throwing him a party to celebrate his life was perfect! It was the perfect setting, with the perfect people. I was surrounded by family and some of Travis & Mandy's close friends. We sang Happy Birthday and then all of the kids let off 36 balloons up into the heavens for Travis to enjoy. After that we ate cake and the kids played wiffleball. Considering the circumstances, I felt it was the perfect way to honor and celebrate T.
I've spent a lot of time with my brothers these past few weeks and I am continually amazed by all of them. I am SO lucky to have such wonderful men in my life. I've watched how strong they've all been through this. I've watched how loving and caring they can be. I've watched how helpful and supportive they've been. And I've watched how much love they have for their little brother T. I truly feel honored to call them my brothers.

Another man that has been an example of strength to me is my dad. I know this hasn't been easy on him. I know it was killing him to watch Travis suffer. I know losing your son can't be easy. But yet, he continually amazed me by his positive attitude and humble ways. I'm also impressed by how well he held it together while he said the family prayer at Travis' funeral. I know he was really nervous to do that and if I'm going to be honest, I thought he would break down for sure. But the spirit was strong with him and he gave a beautiful prayer. I love you dad!
And last, but definitely not least, I've gotta pay tribute to my hubby. He has been absolutely amazing and supportive through it all. When we found out T was going on hospice, he took off that whole week of work so that I might be able to go and be with Travis as much as I needed. And not once did he complain when he had to take care of the kids and be the mom while I was gone (which was a lot). Through this all he has been so in tune with the spirit. He has said and done things for people that they didn't even know they needed. Just when you think a person can't get any better, they do.
10 comments:
Aleesha, yes you do have wonderful brothers & your dad is amazing AND your brothers have a wonderful sister too. I have watched you experience another sad event in your young life. You have shown grace & dignity. We can all feel the love you have for your dad & brothers...you are very blessed. Your mother is so proud of you...I can hear all the wonderful things she is saying about you. I have felt her close this last week, as I'm sure you have. I love you.
Diane
What a lovely post! You have such a positive attitude and I'm sure you have been the glue for your family this past week. How sweet of Matt to take the week off of work. I'm glad you have such a good guy to be your partner. much love!
Sweet......
Yes, I love all these men too. Matt was everyone's saving grace more than once last week. He brought food, jambas, and perfect comments at exactly the right times. It was also sweet for him to use some personal time so you could spend time with T too.
You also did some remarkable things last week Leesh. Your talk was touching and wonderful. The video of T's life is magnificent, and I know you barely slept so it could be finished for the viewing. It's really quite amazing that you did all of this while you're hurting so much. And frankly, I miss being with you & Matt since we were spending time together every day last week. Love you guys!!
Aleesha
You do not know me, I am an old roommate of Mandy's, but I just got done listening to the funeral of Travis and I just wanted you to know that your talk was just beautiful. Thank you for your testimony.
Rebecca
Sweet Girl,
Thank you. My heart is still tender as I think about all of you...your men. What a tribute to you all. I thank Heavenly Father for the day we moved to S.W. and met your family.
I firmly agree with Diane. Your mom's buttons are bursting with joy and satisfaction over her beautiful family.
Love, Jane
What a sweet tribute to the great men in your life Aleesha... I just want to add though that I think YOU are pretty amazing and strong too. You and your family are such special people and wonderful examples. I hope the coming weeks continue to bring peace and that the love you feel around you continue as well.
Jane, I have been wanting to tell you I loved reading about your dream of Lana...it has made me smile more than once...classic Lana, I miss her every day. I guess her two week "leave of absence" is about up. Thanks for sharing. Aleesha, hope you don't mind me using your blog space to say hi to Jane.
Such a sweet post! I already told you how Matt grew in my eyes too! You are great and have great men in your life because you attract greatness! The funeral was beautiful!
What a wonderful family you have. You are all such great examples. You inspire me- as I am sure you do everyone around you. I hope you know how much I love you.
Post a Comment