Saturday, December 26, 2009

'Tis The Season....

..to be thankful,

..to play Jr. Jazz,

..to deck the halls,
...to be jolly,

..to make marshmallow snowmen,
...to go to "Ugly Sweater" family Christmas parties,

..to have ward Christmas parties,

..to sit on Santa's lap,

..to visit Christmas village,

..to play the Christmas chimes,

..to go to the Stake Nativity Night,
for Matt to work ridiculous late night hours,
to clean the church,
to sleep under the Christmas tree lights,
for husbands to run marathons,
to watch A Christmas Carol for the first time,
to play hide and go seek in the dark,
to take advantage of free shipping and buy most of my presents on-line,
to play in the snow,
to snack non-stop on the yummy treats neighbors bring,
to see the Layton Park lights in your car (an excellent place to play eye spy),
to re-do my dad's basement,
to go to wrapping parties,
to go to the dentist,
to go to the dentist again,
to tune in your radio and sit in front of the house that has Christmas lights that flash to the music,
to go to Relief Society Christmas parties,
to sing Christmas karaoke,
to have dinner with friends,
to have each of your kids get sick and pass it on to each other,
to have Book Club Christmas parties,
to see Princess and the Frog,
to see Avatar (awesome movie!)
to have the traditional Christmas Eve Mexican dinner,
and last but definitely not least,
to focus on the Savior and all he has done for us.


It's been a wonderful/hectic/fun Christmas Season!

4 comments:

Monica said...

I love the Christmas chimes!

Jenny Kapp said...

That was a really good list! Liked it a lot!

Melanie said...

I missed everyone so much this year! I got really sad when I saw the picture of everyone doing the Christmas chimes. I really look forward to that! Next year we won't miss it!!

Beazer said...

Aleesha-

I'm glad you found us. I had just seen your cute family while looking at my Aunt Carrie's family pictures on a photography site. Now I can check in every once in a while to see what's new with you as well!