Oh how I wish that were the case here. This picture pretty much sums up how Maya's 3rd birthday went. She was sick all day Sunday and was still recovering by the time Tuesday rolled around.
On her birthday Grandma Merrill, Dad, Rocky, and I took Maya out to lunch at McDonald's. She seemed to be in pretty good spirits here.
All day long she just wanted to color with Mommy's good markers. Since it was her birthday and that seemed to be the only thing that would make her happy, I let her.
I had a huge chat with her right before we sang Happy Birthday. Our conversation went something like this...
Me: We're going to sing Happy Birthday to you now...
Maya: No, No NO NO NO!!!! (Big crocodile tears are starting to come down now).
Me: Maya, this is ridiculous. It's your birthday.
Maya: No it's not. It's Rocky's!
Me: No Maya, it's your birthday. See, Mommy made you a Barbie Birthday Cake like you've wanted for a long time.
Maya: I don't want to Barbie Cake.
Me: Too bad. Now you either let us sing Happy Birthday to you or you're going straight to bed.
Maya: I don't want to bed.
Me: Then let us sing Happy Birthday to you, okay?
Maya: (choking back the tears) Okay.
She was a good sport to start off the song....
Once she noticed that I cut into the Barbie Cake and you could actually eat it, the tears magically stopped. All of a sudden her good manners and sweet countenance came out as she politely asked for some cake.
Then once all the attention was off her, she was more than happy that it was her birthday. She all of a sudden wanted to play with her new Barbie's and she wanted to put on her new Cinderella dress up clothes. All I can say is that girl tries my patience. I love her to death and I think she's the cutest thing I've ever laid my eyes on, but man.... she sure does push my patience to the limit. Love you Baby Girl!!!
7 comments:
That is so funny! I think the stress of the day gets to be too much no matter how excited they are to have the birthday! She is so cute!
I love it!! I love that you captured it all on camera to torture her with later too. :) I am still laughing at all the pictures...which these days leads to peeing me pants so you win!!
Happy Birthday sweet little Maya!
I love her, she is just too cute. Both of my kids have done that on one of their birthdays. All of the excitement must get to them or something. Your cake is so cute. Love ya Leesh.
oh she is such a little cutie! Good job with the Barbie cake...
Hooray for 3 year olds. If she wasn't so cute she'd be in big trouble.
Mya brings new meaning to "It's My Party and I'll Cry if I want to"... way to keep it real. Thanks again for taking care of my Missing Monson at the BB game, needless to say I was mordified, the entire time I thought McKenna had him. So thankful to have good friends.
Oh that post was so funny, Aleesha! I love the pic of her crying after you sang Happy B-Day. She's full of it! And I agree, just as cute as they come. What a great cake you made her, so impressed! You are a really awesome mom just like your mom was to you!
Post a Comment