I haven't posted anything for a while and I feel like there are a lot of good things to blog about. So bare with me as I do some catching up.
Okay, so before I ramble on about my activities these past couple of weeks I need to announce that on Saturday, May 9th, my Relay For Life team are going to have a huge yard sale to try and raise money. I know many of you have mentioned to me that you don't necessarily want to be on the team but you want to help out in some other way. Well, here's your chance. First of all, we need as many items as possible donated to us that we can sell at the yard sale. So if there's anything that you'd be willing to donate we would appreciate it greatly. You can just drop your items off at my house before May 7th. The second thing you can do to help is to come to the yard sale. So mark your calendars for May 9th and come support my Relay For Life team.
So, despite all your guys' wonderful ideas for things to do during Spring Break, we did have a good time. The boys built a fort in our family room and slept in it one night. We had a picnic in the park with Jenny and Elise another day. The boys enjoyed the couple days of good weather by having a water fight with the neighbor kids. We went to the library one day. And we went to the HOA Easter egg hunt another day. All in all it was a fun week. It was laid back and relaxing.
Easter of course was a nice day. We tried doing Sunday Stations from the Friend a few weeks ago and it didn't really work. But Mandy did a post on her blog on how successful their Sunday Stations were when they tried it, so I decided to give it another try-a-roo. This time it was really fun. It probably worked better this time because I decided not to let Maya in on the action. She just did what she wanted and I concentrated on the older boys. Our different stations were...1- E-mail friends and family an Easter letter, 2- color an Easter picture, 3- read a story from the friend, and 4- write their testimonies about Easter on their blog. The boys loved doing this and now want to do it every Sunday.
I am happy to say that I was finally able to see Wicked. Here in Utah that is. (Matt and I saw it in Seattle a couple of years ago.) There are no words to describe how wonderful I think that musical is. It's a feel good, happy, tingly type of show. In fact, during the song Defying Gravity, I kept saying to myself, "It doesn't get any better than this!" We went Friday with my family, and I was gitty all day long with anticipation. I even had butterflys when the music started. Thankfully, I was also able to go again last night and see it just one more time. Yes, I love it that much. But this time I went with my sister-in-law Angie and her friends and family. Angie also loves it just as much as I do. Now I'm just sad that my time with Wicked has come and gone. I got very emotional at the end of the show because who knows the next time I'll be able to see it again, if ever. Because of this, I had to break down and buy yet another Wicked t-shirt. I had to have something to remember it by. Keep this info on the down low though because I have a husband that specifically said, "You are not buying a t-shirt." I'm not too worried about writing about it though because he never looks at my blog. Anyways,......not much else to say about that.
On Saturday, my Grandma Covieo's side of the family (the Kimbers) had a family boutique. Everyone made whatever they wanted and then brought it to sell to each other. I have to admit I went a little crazy with all the stuff I made. But I have good reason. All the money I made I'm donating to Relay For Life. Everything I made came from my mom's stuff. I made aprons, bookmarks, hairbows, magnets, quiet books, brooches, and good old Jaclyn helped me out and made some notebooks covered in cute paper. I'm so mad that I didn't take a picture of all my stuff I made. I spent some long hours doing all that stuff and now I have nothing to show for it. (Well, I guess I do have the money I made to show for it.) The only picture I have are of the aprons I made. My dear aunties bought them from me.
Today I went and bought a swimming suit. Normally I wouldn't pronounce that, but I feel that I need to pass on this good information. I was trying to find a good modest swimming suit for my trip to Hawaii. I was online searching and searching when I came across a store called Lime Ricki Swimwear. They had really cute swimming suits, but I was hesitant to order online because who knows how they'd actually fit. When I clicked on store locations, low and behold they are a Utah based company and they sold their swimsuit line at The Hidden Closet in Farmington. So today I went and tried some on. Oh my goodness gracious. They were modest, they were flattering, and they were dang cute! While there, another girl that had a totally different figure than me was trying some on too. We modeled them for each other, and she also looked so cute in them. They have really heavy lining, good cup support, and they hide all your flab. I was so excited about this find that I thought I had to pass this on. Here's a picture of the two tops I got. (Yes Maria, I ended up getting the Zebra print one.)

Fourth of July fun.
12 years ago
7 comments:
Wow, that was a lot of stuff! Looks like a lot of fun~ I love the picture from the water fight - they were so funny! Also loving your swim wear! So cute! I thought the pictures were going to be of you modeling your suits though!
You WEAR that zebra print, Leesh! I'm just proud of you that you got two. Well done..
Maya is a diva in every picture she takes - I love it.
You should come see me and Wicked for REALZ on the Broadway. None of this touring company rif raf.
Those swimsuits are cute! I've been looking for a modest one for Abby, and have been very distraught over the state of the world today...I'll definitely have to check it out.
Your Covieo family is so cute! How fun to have a family boutique. I, too, wish you had taken a picture of the stuff you made.
what else...oh, I am sick of reading about everyone seeing wicked but me? How in the world did that happen? bummer...
Glad you posted again...
I enlarged the pic of your aunts so I could see your amazing handywork on the aprons -nice job! Who made all the delicious loaves of homemade bread? My mouth started watering. We will be out of town for the yard sale, but let me know when you are accepting drop offs and I will bring a box by. You are so good at cordinating anything and everything! Call me, is it to late to join the relay for life team? We already marked the calendar, but need to sign up if still possible.
Diana- you can sign up for the RFL team still. You just need to do it before May 5th so you can get a t-shirt.
You can bring the stuff over any time you want.
Aunt Linda made the yummy bread (the dark haired one). She is the bread queen!
Jenny- Sorry to disappoint about not modeling the swimsuits. You'll have to check out my big booty & flat chest some other time.
Maria- So, just yesterday Matt mentioned that he might want to try and run the NY marathon. So i might just get my chance to see the Wicked pros!
Good to read a post from ya. What fun. Thanks for the swimsuit info. I bet you look like a hotty in those. Can't wait to see ya at book club.
Aleesha...sorry I'm so late. I for sure have some stuff for the yard sale that I will drop by...it's just a matter of me rounding it all up! eek. I'll try to pull myself together and get it over to you quick!
Post a Comment